config.php attributes disabled for little old me

Forum for asking questions and discussing technical problems related to your OESM hosted server.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

config.php attributes disabled for little old me

Postby MajorFreak » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:23 pm

help help! i gave up waiting for OZ to update my forums, and decided to get my butt in gear and read the README. everything was working fine as i stumbled through trying to remember how the hell do update phpBB when i hit a brick wall in the form of ftp privileges.

i can't seem to change the attributes of config.php to 666

am i retarded, or what?

oh, HI everyone. BTW, that new homepage scares the crap outta me. all corporate and stuff. *wibble*
MajorFreak
Spammer
Spammer

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:07 pm

Sorry for the delay, huge project at work plus I'm getting close to migrating everything at the colo to new hardware... so it's a bit hectic. The email is still in my inbox, so I was getting to it! Permissions for the config shouldn't be an issue, since it will prompt you to download a config if it can't write one. Then you simply upload it. Pulling straight from memory, to upgrade you:

Download the changed file zip, take the zip that corresponds to your situation (from 2.xxx to 2.xxx) and extract those.

Upload those files to the board.

In a browser, go to yoursite/install/update_to_latest.php and it will perform any DB schema updates.

Now delete the /contrib and /install directories and you're golden.

Now, I noticed that your board appears to be completely gone. Want me to restore that from this morning's backup so you can try again?
"Proving the human condition, one idiot at a time"
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
"Diplomacy is the act of saying "Nice doggie!" till you can find a rock"
"Department of Redundancy Department"
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MajorFreak » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:44 am

SORRY. was so busy lately (new job search; old one sucks; dating; shit like that; birthday; even a psycho cat)

ahhhhhh...i was so concerned about nothing then. sweet. okies, looks like no problemo to update

unfreakingfortunately, it seems i've run into a stumble/hurdle. not sure if you know but my user name isn't being accepted. of course, i tried once before about 8 hours ago - figured you were updating systems (monday) - but it's still giving me a no go for accessing the FTP server for umec's site.

i'm sure it'll resolve itself, i'm just giving you a heads up and thanks. Actually, i hadn't checked back since i first posted here and was worried you'd been fired/bought out/straightjacketed and that my ftp privileges got yanked. lol
MajorFreak
Spammer
Spammer

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:03 am

PM or email me a new password, they all got reset during the server upgrade on Sunday.
"Proving the human condition, one idiot at a time"
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
"Diplomacy is the act of saying "Nice doggie!" till you can find a rock"
"Department of Redundancy Department"
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support / Technical Q and A