Anyone still around?

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Anyone still around?

Postby NyteSnyper` » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:32 pm

Not sure if people remember who I am, but I remember most of these people! :D

Just droppin by to see how most of you are doing (the old OESMer's) and if most of you still game and what-not (im sure you do!) 8)
NyteSnyper`
noobeh
noobeh

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:32 pm

Yeah, very few posts, mostly in the Alumni board. We've been inactive for so many years now, I'm surprised when I see ANYONE pop up on here!
"Proving the human condition, one idiot at a time"
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
"Diplomacy is the act of saying "Nice doggie!" till you can find a rock"
"Department of Redundancy Department"
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NyteSnyper` » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:46 pm

DLinkOZ wrote:Yeah, very few posts, mostly in the Alumni board. We've been inactive for so many years now, I'm surprised when I see ANYONE pop up on here!

hah, yea... i went to play a little TFC the other day, and popped up an OESM server... I was like... :eek: WOW... so, yea... i played there for a little while... was a little saddened that it was all bots though :(
NyteSnyper`
noobeh
noobeh

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:59 pm

lol, yep just bots. Surprisingly enough, for just propping that server up and not thinking about it... it typically always has at least some real players in it.
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Supafly » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:27 am

omg whats up man

right now i play a bit of natural selection, tfc every other 6 months :-(, but right now i'm enjoying just sitting back and playing some WoW. the expansion came out i'm having a blast leveling to 70. i find it a bit more rewarding beating an instance with 10,25, or 40 people that are all depending on other people to do their job right. It does get a bit old though when you've cleared the last end-game instance at the time with your eyes closed, but theres always more loot to be had.

I certainly do miss playing first person shooters like tfc, at one time I was one of the better players in natural selection and on one of the best teams when it started, I remember playing my first match in CAL league and I was sweating with excitement, the game at the time was like none other (except maybe a bit like Alien vs. Pred) and I got to meet the original creator Flayra, even spent a few days hanging out with him because he's good friends with Solarcurve (Paul Drew) who I've known for about 4 years now, Paul started TAU and alot of local lan centers in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area. Flayra was just about brought to tears when we went to hold a NS tournament at CPL a few years back, and we got to hold the final match on the big stage with the big screen behind us, all of our screens were showed on a smaller flat panel hanging on a wall infront of us, there were a couple of hundred people that had hardly even heard of the game that got to see it for the first time.

I do miss the excitement of first person shooters, but I find it more challenging playing WoW right now and more relaxing, except when some ass 3 levels below you is sitting on a hill watching you kill 4-5 monsters at a time, then when you're down to 10% life/mana he kills you. lol same feeling like getting killed with a crowbar when you're out of ammo or reloading.
Albert Einstein was once asked: "What weapons will be used in World War 3?"
He replied: "I don't know. But I do know that the fourth World War will be fought with stones."

Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby NyteSnyper` » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:15 pm

Supafly wrote:omg whats up man

right now i play a bit of natural selection, tfc every other 6 months :-(, but right now i'm enjoying just sitting back and playing some WoW. the expansion came out i'm having a blast leveling to 70. i find it a bit more rewarding beating an instance with 10,25, or 40 people that are all depending on other people to do their job right. It does get a bit old though when you've cleared the last end-game instance at the time with your eyes closed, but theres always more loot to be had.

I certainly do miss playing first person shooters like tfc, at one time I was one of the better players in natural selection and on one of the best teams when it started, I remember playing my first match in CAL league and I was sweating with excitement, the game at the time was like none other (except maybe a bit like Alien vs. Pred) and I got to meet the original creator Flayra, even spent a few days hanging out with him because he's good friends with Solarcurve (Paul Drew) who I've known for about 4 years now, Paul started TAU and alot of local lan centers in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area. Flayra was just about brought to tears when we went to hold a NS tournament at CPL a few years back, and we got to hold the final match on the big stage with the big screen behind us, all of our screens were showed on a smaller flat panel hanging on a wall infront of us, there were a couple of hundred people that had hardly even heard of the game that got to see it for the first time.

I do miss the excitement of first person shooters, but I find it more challenging playing WoW right now and more relaxing, except when some ass 3 levels below you is sitting on a hill watching you kill 4-5 monsters at a time, then when you're down to 10% life/mana he kills you. lol same feeling like getting killed with a crowbar when you're out of ammo or reloading.

hah, wow theres another good ole name i remember! heh, seems like youve also moved over into that realm of gaming... i dont get into those games much, so it isnt a direction i can take myself in... and there arent many good FPS's out there anymore (or that ive found) so ive been stuck playin CS:S, and every now and then playin TFC just to keep in the groove of things till FF comes out...
NyteSnyper`
noobeh
noobeh

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:56 pm

I've been cast into the dreaded "casual gamer" realm for quite a bit now. The occassional game on the 360, hardly anything on the pc. But when FF finally releases, I'll give it an honest try.
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Supafly » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:29 am

i play cs:source under the handle TAU|Supafly if you can use gametiger or whatever. I havent seen the friends network work since steam was in BETA (lol) so I gave up on it and havent tried it in years.
Albert Einstein was once asked: "What weapons will be used in World War 3?"
He replied: "I don't know. But I do know that the fourth World War will be fought with stones."

Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby NyteSnyper` » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:26 pm

Supafly wrote:i play cs:source under the handle TAU|Supafly if you can use gametiger or whatever. I havent seen the friends network work since steam was in BETA (lol) so I gave up on it and havent tried it in years.

lol, im pretty sure it works now, cuz after playing in a game, i always have like 3 people wanting to be my friend... it kinda sucks that its so public... (or maybe it isnt, and they're taking good guesses...)

in any case, on steam, i'm "NyteSnyper", or when i played in a CS:S clan for a while, they used a nifty little program called X-Fire, and i'm "NyteSnyper" on it also!
NyteSnyper`
noobeh
noobeh

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum