Doom 3 Server?

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Doom 3 Server?

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:40 pm

Hey Dave, just curious, but do you think you'll run a D3 server?

Doom 3 rocks, even thoguh my system isn't beefy enough to run it at peak performance...and I'd love to kick some ass on one of your servers...though I'm sure I'd get me ass handed to me more oft than not....
"Peace means reloading your guns"
"The only way to secure peace is to prepare for war"
"F#@K Peace, MAKE WAR!!!"
"If God was condemned to live the life he has inflicted on men, then he would kill himself."
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:53 pm

Haven't seen any info on a dedicated server.
"Proving the human condition, one idiot at a time"
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
"Diplomacy is the act of saying "Nice doggie!" till you can find a rock"
"Department of Redundancy Department"
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:05 pm

please keep me informed...:D
"If God was condemned to live the life he has inflicted on men, then he would kill himself."
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:10 pm

Here's what I found:

maxplayers is currently 4
someone would need to upload the ENTIRE DAMN GAME to me so I could install it and run a server (typical for id games and those based on their engines)...

Doesn't seem worth it at this point in time. I'll keep my eyes open, though, in case anything changes.
"Proving the human condition, one idiot at a time"
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
"Diplomacy is the act of saying "Nice doggie!" till you can find a rock"
"Department of Redundancy Department"
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Days_Boy-Sniper » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:39 pm

I swear I saw a 16 person server....and in fact i saw a server with 8/8 i think...wierd.
Days_Boy-Sniper
Spammer
Spammer

Postby Supafly » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:36 pm

Yes you can increase the max players to 16 i forget how saw it yesterday. I'll look around for you dave I love this game, I think its my new love.

-EDIT- It'll be out in 4 days.
Albert Einstein was once asked: "What weapons will be used in World War 3?"
He replied: "I don't know. But I do know that the fourth World War will be fought with stones."

Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby FeLiX » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:04 pm

at ebgames it said yesterday that it's shipping now. not sure if they mean being shipped to them now or they are shipping it to people now. the doom series is overrated anyways (flame away, I know seph would if he was still around). I might try this game but after the last 2 i'm not going to hold my breath.
FeLiX
purple nurple
purple nurple

Postby Days_Boy-Sniper » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:22 pm

I got mine yesterday. I walked into my local gamestop (in the local mall) at 4 pm and just bought one. Can you say lucky? Lol...
Days_Boy-Sniper
Spammer
Spammer

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:02 pm

Dudes, it's been out for 3 days now, I've recieved 3 seperate shipments of Doom 3, none less than 60 (total of about 300).

I got my copy on my lunch during on it's release day.

EB, Target, and several other retailers didn't seem to get it in on time...

As for the "doom is over rated" comment... know your roots boy... Doom is one of the original FPS's... if it weren't for doom...well probably another game would of been there... but hell I STILL play the original dooms now a days.
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby FeLiX » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:22 am

lol i played doom. I was loading castle wolfenstien on the school computers befor doom came out. I beat doom 1 and 2 but only cause there was nothing else to do. At the time I had no car and my friends were all 50+ miles away. I even played Heritic but by the time I played that I was so burned out on the "run around and kill everything" games that I never played quake or quake 2 (plus i didn't have a computer for a while). HL got me back into FPS. I'll try Doom 3 but i wont hold my breath. If it's 99% killing and you only have to use your brain to start and quit the game I'll be disapointed.

Sorry, slipped into seph mode for a second there
FeLiX
purple nurple
purple nurple

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:26 pm

the AI is awesome, so you do have to use your brain... plus some of the codes and such are not obvious (PDA codes, not cheat codes)

I highly recommend D3... give it an honest try, and if you don't like it, I'll be surprised...

Hell Seph is somewhat disappointed as it's not "unreal" enough... that HAS to be a good sign...hehe
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby FeLiX » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:53 pm

OMG from the way he ranted and raved about it that suprises me. It just might be good if he doesn't like it. In the words of Snoop Dogg playing Huggy Bear "You just went up a notch in my book. You're at notch one"
FeLiX
purple nurple
purple nurple

Postby [OESM]Rimuladas » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:56 pm

[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- wrote:the AI is awesome, so you do have to use your brain... plus some of the codes and such are not obvious (PDA codes, not cheat codes)

I highly recommend D3... give it an honest try, and if you don't like it, I'll be surprised...

Hell Seph is somewhat disappointed as it's not "unreal" enough... that HAS to be a good sign...hehe

are you joking? I beat it on veteren in 2 days. The monster AI is retarted. Dont buy it if you havent. ITs totally not worthe the money. The graphics are cool but i could list many many things why not to buy this.

Here are a just a few:

Pros:
- Good Graphics
-Good sound
-chainsaw is a cool weapon

Cons:
-Everything is dark and you have to use a flashlight 24/7
-You have to backtrack a lot (if you say u dont its obvious you havent beaten the game)
-most of the time ull be finding only 1 or 2 monsters to fight a time.
-the monster's ai is pathetic (i'm playing on veteran's difficulty)
-multiplayer is a complete joke
-monsters walking out of the dark every 3 minutes gets old fast, its not scary after the 1098209189028109800 time it happens.
[OESM]Rimuladas
purple nurple
purple nurple

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:46 pm

All hail rim, the guy who beat it in 2 days..

IT's dark, which I like... unlike many previous games, you don't see where the enemies in advance, though you can anticipate them after a while...you still have to wait for them to spawn to kill them...

As for the multiplayer, I haven't tried yet, but I wasn't anticipating a huge multiplayer following until a few mods come out....I'll still play it online when I'm done in single play...Hey, I play it in spurts...I'm not trying to set a record.

For the backtracking... there is a hell of alot of back tracking, but hey, it's cool to walk through an area you cleared only to fight through it again, but that's me.

As for fighting only 2 or 3 monsters at a time, run through a few rooms without killing anything, then fight everythign you've pissed off... when you are fighting 4 or 5 monsters, they start to rip a big chunk outta your ass...and fast...

Hey, it's cool you don't like it, but I do... guess that's why they are opinions...least it ain't "daddy's penis"
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby FeLiX » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:17 pm

I'll probably pass on it. I Talked to my cousin and he said they should have called it "Doom 3: Half-Life Ripped Off". Said I should wait for HL2 since i hadn't gotten doom 3 yet.
FeLiX
purple nurple
purple nurple

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum