What is the history of OESM?

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby Setzer » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:32 pm

Yeah, I hosted DHTA servers in Inf2.86 and UnF, both of which ROCKED until 2K3 came out, and the populations decreased to virtually nothing. After a few months of no server, I attempted a CS1.5 server, which was totally gay. Nothing but cheaters, and no matter how good your aim was, winning was dependant on the random generator that determined where your bullet hit.

Valve ripped the ballistics code in CS1.0 when they took over because they had slowed the game so incredibly much that they needed a faster form of tracing. So they added cone-aiming, which is super-fast, but super-suackage. I remember numerous times where I'd be 2ft from the guy planting the bomb, put my crosshair on his head using the DE, fire, and hit a wall or the ground somewhere WAY the hell out there, like 4 or 5 feet from him. Generally that resulted in the enemy turning around and unloading an Ak or M4 point-blank.

That's when I got pissed and started the TF1.5 server. Haven't caught but one or two cheaters in TF, but the attitudes suck. Everybody (even clanners) come in, play for less than five minutes, and quit. What bugs me is their reasons for quitting. If they die more than twice in a row, they quit. If their team doesn't cap or utterly dominate within five minutes, they quit. If they don't quit, at the five minute mark they start cursing at you (see link below) and acting like a jack-ass before quitting or being kicked by an admin. Half-Life may have a total of 65,000 players (about 60,000 being CS), but only 500 to 1000 are not newbies or actually play, for better or worse. I'll play 2K3 with only 10,000 players any day because people don't quit when they lose, and they don't bitch (well there're always bitchers). The way I see it, playing with a few players who STAY to play is a billion times better than playing with an entire country who won't play.

Newbie Log
Setzer
I'm too seksy for this board!
I'm too seksy for this board!

Anyone remember me?

Postby repent916 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:41 pm

Anyone remember me?
repent916
noobeh
noobeh

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:09 pm

Bringin it back from 4 years ago... I noticed that we never replied to repent (RePenT)! Better late than never, right?!
"Proving the human condition, one idiot at a time"
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
"Diplomacy is the act of saying "Nice doggie!" till you can find a rock"
"Department of Redundancy Department"
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous