has it been this long

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

has it been this long

Postby Axiom » Sun May 04, 2003 1:27 am

Man, seems like only yesterday, I was spamming these forums like a madman. I guess I got lost along the way, got busy with work and trying to keep myself from getting kicked out of my apartment. Well, I've finally moved closer to home...got a decent job doing installations and troubleshooting for Bellsouth DSL. Things are starting to look up again. Won't be long now before I am able to cruise the boards again...As for now, dialup sucks.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [CD]MadMan » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:59 pm

Its always great to here from you AXIOM...its been a very long time...glad to here all is going well for you....
[CD]MadMan
purple nurple
purple nurple

Postby Setzer » Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:24 am

Oh you troubleshoot my DSL eh? Tell me then, for shits, how high can I force my uprate to go eh? I've had it up to 768k once already, but chickened out after two days and put it back in auto-negotiation :D.
Setzer
I'm too seksy for this board!

rawr

Postby Ghroth[OESM] » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:29 pm

:lol: sup mang
Ghroth[OESM]
noobeh
noobeh

Postby Supafly » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:30 pm

ANDY!!! CALL UP BIRMINGHAM BELLSOUTH FASTACCESS AND CUSS THEM OUT FOR ME!! I moved into my new house, my old house having BellSouth FastAccess DSL, and my new house is less than 5 miles away. People DOWN THE STREET have BellSouth DSL, but they say their networks are maxed out on bandwidth and they cant handle another port. Give me a fucking break. The only people that live around here are middle aged people and families with YOUNG kids, so no one is using hardly any bandwidth, except to look at websites and check e-mail. I cant get sat. internet either, so Charter cable looks like my best bet :-/
Albert Einstein was once asked: "What weapons will be used in World War 3?"
He replied: "I don't know. But I do know that the fourth World War will be fought with stones."

Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby Axiom » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:09 am

err, guess I should check this forum more often. Been kinda busy here and there.

Yeah, I do BS DSL. And don't tell me that you are playing with your upstream, I might call NOC and let them know to monitor you, and yes, I can do that :p

@Supa - Just because the people down the street have DSL doesn't mean you will get it. Chances are you are outside of the distance from the DSLAM. For this, there are only like 2 solutions. 1, you can wait for em to extend the capabilities of their network. 2, they may install a remote dslam that will be capable of getting DSL to you.

@MadMan - Long time no see bro. Yeah, i've been busy getting my fucked up life in order. Course, I didnt get hit as hard as Dave did in the past couple of months, but I took a good one on the chin.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Cortex » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:29 pm

Talk about gettin hit hard lately. I now work for myself and havent had any work in about 3 weeks. Sucks stinky ass after a long hard shit. At this point I am trying to do a little somethin on the side just to pay my bills. Great to hear from you again Axiom and I hope that everything is going well. After my divorce last year I kinda went through a stage of trying to get on my feet. Once I was there it seems my feet are on shaky ground once again. I kinda get used to it after awhile. Maybe dave should start a section for people to use as a therapy forum?
"Dyin ain't much of a livin..."
"I will take everything I see here and if necessary I will buy that head."
"Life is just a 75 year protracted episode of getting hit in the balls with one thing or another"
"I like to use my friends as social meat shields"
"Well we're safe for now, we're in a bowling alley."
[OESM]Cortex
Smoker of boxes, crasher of OS's

Postby Setzer » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:47 am

I could use that. I got a lot of rage against several things, and everybody here knows I'm crazy enough as it is...
Setzer

Postby [OESM]Cortex » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:55 am

The economy sucks and now that interest rates have gone up my business is slow as hell. I am sure things will turn around.
"Life is just a 75 year protracted episode of getting hit in the balls with one thing or another"
[OESM]Cortex

Postby Setzer » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:23 pm

Don't feel bad. I was REALLY close to snagging a SWEET job with IBM, but they went on a hiring freeze after I gave my two weeks notice and had quit. I have now been unemployed for almost five months. Hopefully one of the two interviews I am about to go to will change that.
Setzer

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:11 pm

Fucked up thing is, when I work mornings, I have the local radio station on, and all I hear are: Go to school to be an IT professional, they make the big bucks, There are TONNES of jobs out there for certified IT pro's...

Well if there are TONNES of jobes out there for "certified IT pro's" then where the fuck are they?

Many friends when to college for computer related degrees, the most common is IT, and they work at Best Buy, or in a warehouse pushing freight, or on the production line, checking the quality of there companies cig's...

I keep hearing "ECPI" say, "we GARUNTEE you a job when you gratuate, ITT says the same thing...I know 3 people that graduated, and if 40% of the people got jobs after they graduated, then that was HIGH...

These "colleges" should be sued for false advertising....
Last edited by [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- on Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace means reloading your guns"
"The only way to secure peace is to prepare for war"
"F#@K Peace, MAKE WAR!!!"
"If God was condemned to live the life he has inflicted on men, then he would kill himself."
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby [OESM]Cortex » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:13 pm

Word.
[OESM]Cortex

Postby Setzer » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:17 pm

Damn right, I know the guy that RUNS the IBM labs at RTP (not the one on Falls) and he can't hire worth a shit. So these ads are telling me if I rob a bank, spend the money on their course, and graduate, I'll magically get hired then? BULLSHIT! Pardon the language.
Setzer

Postby [OESM]Cortex » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:39 pm

setz you need to check your PM's
[OESM]Cortex

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:28 am

This is what's even MORE fucked up...I live in/near the RTP area, research Triangle Park, now this area is pretty high tech, one of the most high tech areas as far as research and develpoment in the country...hell 75+% of the residents in this area have Broadband, where the rest of the country is only at like 20%...Shit happened here first, and there are no tech jobs to be had...make you wonder how the rest of the country's doing? Oh yeah, just as bad or worse...

Does anyone else hear these ads and say "Fuck You!!!"?
"Peace means reloading your guns"
"The only way to secure peace is to prepare for war"
"F#@K Peace, MAKE WAR!!!"
"If God was condemned to live the life he has inflicted on men, then he would kill himself."
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Next

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum