elder scrolls 3

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

elder scrolls 3

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:21 pm

A. I don't speak or read German

B. My original post in this thread was obviously not taken for humor. You asked how to use keys. I gave a quick rundown on how to use a key. As in, press a key on a keyboard... it was a joke.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

elder scrolls 3

Postby soft-core » Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:12 pm

I see...... [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]
soft-core
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby soft-core » Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:48 am

this game sucks!!! Now to return it and get points for a diff game :)
soft-core
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby Setzer » Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:23 pm

Jesus how stupid can one be? Read the manual. It clearly states that you DO NOT use keys! If you have say "Big Room Key A" and a door needs "Big Room Key A", as long as that key is in your inventory you simply walk to the door and press your use button like you're trying to open any other door. A small message comes up at the bottom of the screen saying "Used Big Room Key A to open <name of object>". This is how you open locked chests and such as well. Oh, and if you can't find a key for a door, "Ondusi's Open Door" opens over half the doors in the game and can be bought as a spell (recomended) or a scroll ( one use per scroll). Hell I think that much is in the readme and on Bethesda's site. DLink and OESM are Half-Life server hosts, and they do a damn good job at it, but TES3 uses it's own engine and is in no way related to Half-Life. Unless one of them gets the game and plays the living crap out of it, they probably won't know every detail of it.
Setzer
I'm too seksy for this board!

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:40 pm

Fantasy RPG's r teh suck.
"Proving the human condition, one idiot at a time"
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
"Diplomacy is the act of saying "Nice doggie!" till you can find a rock"
"Department of Redundancy Department"
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:33 pm

bite your tongue Dlink...RPG's RULE....hehe...well it's your opinion, and many out there simply don't like RPG's... :)

But I agree with soft-core...the game sucks... in my humble opinion.

Even thought this is a HL server site, Dlink and others might know enough about other genre's to help with a question about another (type of) game...

Seph, who reads the manuals any more? the read me files?
I install the game (because I'm good enough to know how with out instructions) jump right in, and if I have a problem, I look at how the keys are assigned...

Wait...Dlink reads the read me's... :)
"Peace means reloading your guns"
"The only way to secure peace is to prepare for war"
"F#@K Peace, MAKE WAR!!!"
"If God was condemned to live the life he has inflicted on men, then he would kill himself."
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:15 pm

Yep, I read the readme's. And guess what? While every other person has troubles and problems and whatnot, when was the last time you saw me post "xxxxx doesn't work, any help?".

As for RPG's, I didn't say they all suck. I just hate the fantasy RPG's. God damnit, no fairies, dragons, or elves for me!
"Proving the human condition, one idiot at a time"
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
"Diplomacy is the act of saying "Nice doggie!" till you can find a rock"
"Department of Redundancy Department"
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soft-core » Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:49 pm

im done talking about the key thing setzer ! and the game sucks if you like that D@D bs thats your problem.
soft-core
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby soft-core » Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:51 pm

Damn this game is boring so much roaming and stupid fighting.
soft-core
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby Mr.Magoo » Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:41 am

Oh, that's RIGHT! I DO give a shit!
I just bought this game yesterday.
Mr.Magoo

Postby Setzer » Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:09 pm

Look at all the trouble you have though Frost. And you played MW for hours upon hours every day until (due to improper handling of a bug which I was getting a fix for) your file corrupted. You're just pissed because you've never been able to complete even the first one (Arena) back on a 386/486. You can't jump into a series of chapters in the middle and understand much without reading the preceeding chapters. Yes, MW isnt' as liked as Arena and Daggerfall, but it's not because it sucks. It's because the randomness is gone. Where you can play through Arena and Daggerfall and NEVER do the same thing twice, MW only has scripted quests and the world never changes. It was a let-down to TRUE fans such as myself. You guys who jump in on three and don't understand crap have no business posting an opinion.

I read on forums for eons of how Daggerfall had bugs that allowed one to fall through maps and shit. It happened to me once since I bought the game in 1995. It's like DLink said, read the readme, although i cannot believe he read that stupid readme I wrote for ILE :roll:. I also read about how quests were broken and could not be completed. Unlike MW, DF randomaly generated ALL the quests, and some could be so massive that players wouldn't finish them and claim they were bugged. How can a randomly generated quest be bugged when the engine has a strict set of generation parameters that doesn't allow it?

As for engines, you need to do your homework. Bethesda does it's own 3D engines and has yet to license them out. Arena, Daggerfall, and MW are 100% different from any other game engines currently out there, aside form the fact that it is 3D and uses DX. I am not calling anybody stupid, but just as my strongpoints are in the Unreal and Half-Life engines (and Quake engines and anything prior), I could not tell you a F*CKING thing about RTCW or BF1942, nor will I try to, aside from the fact that they both kick a$$.
Setzer

Previous

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum