Is it possible for a monitor to die out slowly?

Forum for asking questions and discussing technical problems related to your OESM hosted server.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby Codon » Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:39 am

jesus, someone can not take a joke. and if anything is wrong is the fact that "Flat Panel" is missing an underscore, u seem to have forgotten it, but managed to use it later on.
Codon
noobeh
noobeh

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:55 pm

Yeah I went a bit far on that one. That's what I do when I come home pissed off at work. Sorry for the "blow-your-ass-out-of-the-fucking-water" reply. See I REALLY hate my job most nights. Just one thing I don't take a lot of is criticism on my programing skills. I've developed a graphical engine that can display more polygons than the HL engine can for Christ's sake. Now if I can figure out some audio programing I might be able to do something with it... [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:57 pm

Oh Dlink, do you run SSH on your boxes? I tried using TTPro in both Telnet and SSH modes and can't get in. I was going to try viewing the symlinks from there, in case this is a SFX bug. Login using my name/pw with yoru copy of SFX and see if you can view it. If you can then maybe I need to tweak my SFX settings for that account.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby Axiom » Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:39 am

1- it's ssh2 that we use, not ssh or telnet
2- do not use sfx to ftp with ssh2. this just causes one more process to spawn that is un-needed. Along with making your ftp transactions slower.
3- if you ever have an issue logging in, such as your identity.pub file has disappeared or you have changed your passphrase and need to update your identity file on the server, you can log in using just your password as authentication through securecrt.

[ 07-10-2002: Message edited by: Helloonasty ]</p>
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:12 am

SFX doesn't do SSH/SSH2, those are SecureSHell things. SecureFX logs in via plain FTP on port 21. You're running the same server I am if I am not mistaken, the latest NcFTPD?

As for SSH2, is there a plugin for TeraTerm Pro or some other freeware (not shareware) program I can use for Telnet, SSH, and SSH2? If so, where do I get it. If it is a warezed copy, upload it to my /incoming on my FTP (guess what the IP addy is...).
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:25 am

Please don't login to the box, other than using FTP. If I see anyone attempting it, I might be inclined to remove that account.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:21 pm

Oh you don't allow shell? Didn't know, when you hosted the account you didn't tell me. Any luck on those links yet? SecureFX still can't seem to resolve the links. You think maybe you could setup a script to copy the logs (or at least the parts pertaining to my account) into my home directory with me as owner so I can read them?
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby Codon » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:04 am

putty
Codon
noobeh
noobeh

Postby Axiom » Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:47 pm

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by [OESM][DHTA]Sephiroth:
<strong>SFX doesn't do SSH/SSH2, those are SecureSHell things. SecureFX logs in via plain FTP on port 21. You're running the same server I am if I am not mistaken, the latest NcFTPD?

As for SSH2, is there a plugin for TeraTerm Pro or some other freeware (not shareware) program I can use for Telnet, SSH, and SSH2? If so, where do I get it. If it is a warezed copy, upload it to my /incoming on my FTP (guess what the IP addy is...).</strong><hr></blockquote>

uh, perhaps it's time you learn more about your software, or figure out what I was talking about.

http://antistatik.oesm.org/galleria/sure_it_does.gif

game, set and match
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:28 pm

Yep, secureFX (wonder why it's named secure?!?!) does indeed allow for encrypted data flow via ssh. And as Nasty mentioned, the hit on throughput makes it unusable except for instances where encryption is absolutely needed.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:02 pm

I know you can use SFX for that, but I've been using FTP. Never messed with the SSH settings. Should I be using SSH2 FTP on your box? I mean if that's why the links aren't working then I'll switch it over. I never used it (well once on my NZ box) because it did seem slower than normal FTP, and plain FTP works to my boxes and yours.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby Axiom » Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:48 pm

negative. re-read my initial post
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Technical Support / Technical Q and A