Memories...

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Memories...

Postby Axiom » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:01 pm

Those who cannot adapt will move on to find something else. Once that game changes so much that the person cannot adapt, he will move on once again.

You left TFC not because of cheating. You left TFC because you were a poor strategist and you thought 2 SG defenses were the way to go. I still remember the match we had with some unknown clan on xo2. You bitched, whined, moaned that sg's couldn't stay up.

Infact, you bitched and whined and moaned about everything after that patch. The emps weren't strong enough. HWGuys were too powerful. Blah Blah Blah.

Fact is, we never had any 'problems' in TF1.5 other than the typical "Seph" Issue.

This is not a flame. This is an observation. It's also the truth.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Memories...

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:12 pm

That xo2 match was the one against KoD.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Memories...

Postby Setzer » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:04 pm

Wrong, and for a while after the patch to 1.1, EMPs didn't even go through either walls or floors, maybe both, I forget. They also had the sniper, pyro, and HW way too fucking powerful. The game went gay and almost everybody agreed, but not everybody had or wanted to go to *seph's a fag*. However we've had no trouble in *seph's a fag* whatsoever. In fact, HL is the ONLY game around that has such rampant cheating and has undergone the current most patches of ANY game in history. This enormous amount of patches should speak for itself.

Yeah, I probably bitched a bit much, but my gripes were the truth. I mean come on, how fucking hard is it to play HL with all the goddamned idiot-proofing they've added? Grenade timers, god-like classes, the ability to chunk four grenades five miles each in under ten seconds, GET REAL. That is why DHTA decided to quit TF and why the half of us who wished to remain together moved on to a MUCH more stable and better game.

Oh and that match, was it the one where halfway through one guy on the enemy team called a break and we didn't agree, so while we half kicked their asses, we had to restart and then they became all tough? If so, I think it will intrest you to know that we fought them again in our DMC days and caught them cheating thanks to CSG (now HLG?). We also found out that the ladder admin o the OGL was one of their clanners or friends, which is why that bullshit break excuse worked. So far, I've yet to find shit like that in *seph's a fag*, UG, or *daddy's penis*.

And no Nasty, I am not flaming here, but I get really pissed when I think about how one fo my favorite fucking games was RUINED beyond repair so some damn company of assholes can test a GUI for a game that is already like two years late and has fallen off the charts. TF2 has become DNF2. You keep eharing release dates and yet you see nothing! I say we get Epic/Infogrames to make as close a replica as legally possible of TFC (NOT TF1.5!!!) for UT2K3. I'd play that any day!
Setzer
I'm too seksy for this board!

Memories...

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:27 pm

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
The game went gay and almost everybody agreed, but not everybody had or wanted to go to *seph's a fag*.

Actyually Seph, I don't recall that many people, let alone that many DHTA members bitching about the changes... granted there were a few, but you were the loudest voice...

The Truth of the matter, (in my opinion) is that you wanted to go to *seph's a fag* because you liked that game better... TFC "going gay" wasn't a real factor...You kept raving about *seph's a fag* this, and Unreal that... The changing of the class' strenghts and weaknesses only mildly affected your decision... it didn't make your decision, it only determined the time inwhich you wanted to change games...

I'm NOT saying you can't adapt, and I'm NOT saying you can...

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr> That is why DHTA decided to quit TF and why the half of us who wished to remain together moved on to a MUCH more stable and better game.
<hr></blockquote>

IF I recall it properly, YOU wantedto go to *seph's a fag*, I personally was dead set against it, and Nasty was to...IF I am recalling it properly...I KNOW I was against it...

Many of our member DIDN'T want to go to *seph's a fag*...of 9-12 (I really don't remember) members, COUNTING you me and Nasty, I think only 3 wanted to go to *seph's a fag*... That's not half...

I do remember the complaints about emp's and SG's...but I think the breaking point was when that clan used nothing but spies on us...hehe..that was a funny, and screwed up match...

[ 08-30-2002: Message edited by: [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- ]</p>
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Memories...

Postby Mr.Magoo » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:45 pm

I didn't want to change games.
Mr.Magoo

Memories...

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:27 am

Dude, My memory isn't THAT bad...we didn't HAVE 16 members in DHTA... we only HAD 12 AT MOST...

You must be adding the people who joined then left...like what heppened in OESM in it's final months...

There is NO possible way 11 or 12 people went with you...

Nasty was against it, I was against it, Magoo hated the idea, Messiah didn't want to go, Mil didn't want to go at the time, Zombieboy didn't want to go, I think VG wanted to stay...

Nasty, who am I missing...

Seph, that's over half right there...

What does it matter? I mean seriously...we can argue about how we REMEMBER things, but it's only going to end up in a "HE said/SHE said" arguement, with no end... and this will also end up being a flame about HL and UNREAL, because I know you Seph...If I make a valid point, you'll change the arguement...to one that suits your needs...

I'm NOT trying to start something here, so don't try to pursue this...

Look how this thread, and many others have turned out because of these types of arguements...this was a flash back for OESM, NOT DHTA... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] I mentioned DHTA only as a time reference...to lay down a time line for myself so others could see my train of though and inform me if I was wrong about some dates with OESM...and that particular match, which I was wrong about THAT particular date...

Sorry Dave...guess you're tired of these threads taking a life of their own and running away from the original topic...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Memories...

Postby Mr.Magoo » Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:45 am

Donuts and Nytesnyper too.

And I am not a newbie nor was I when 1.1 came out. I had almost NO issue with that patch. I had a slight problem with the netcode, which was fixed, but COME ON it was a totally new netcode. There was of course going to be bugs.

Has *daddy's penis* ever been in need of a patch? God forbid there be errors in a FREE game.
Mr.Magoo

Memories...

Postby Setzer » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:09 pm

You don't have a good memory then. Over half the clan was displeased with 1.1, but only a few said shit during the games. Me, I was through keeping my mouth shut in the twelfth grade. I do know that I had either eleven or twelve members come with me. Then I got a few more right away. Only about one-quarter of DHTA stayed HL. Hell, Milagre has finally had all he can take of CS and once *daddy's penis* is ported to UT2K3 he's told me he'll go to that. Face it, only newbies have liked what happened to the engine in 1.1 because they didn't have to have any common sense or an IQ above five to connect to a server and play with a decent ping. Oh and those who lagged could become gods by not registering their kill and thus being magically re-animated on-spot. God that one pisses me off.
Setzer

Memories...

Postby Axiom » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:21 pm

Of the people that were in DHTA's short life? I seriously doubt that half wanted to go to *seph's a fag*/Unreal. Considering at the time, you were still griping and bitching about *seph's a fag* being a watered down Unreal. "my bot this, my bot that". Yadda Yadda.

Face it. You couldn't handle the changes the game underwent. Since then, you haven't been back. I'd like to see you come back. It would be funny to see someone who claims the game was watered down and made easier for people play. Fact is, they made the game 'easier' for a reason. Whether you like that reason or not does not matter to me, nor the other people who play the game.

My complaints about the game had more to do with strenght of concs. Oddly enough, many of the 'old school' players are still around and have adapted to the direction the game has taken. I'm sure if the likes of KiN, CE and others had stuck around long enough, they would still be dominant forces still. Unfortunatly, some people refuse/can't adapt to new changes, so they just up and quit.

Messiah, VgBlood and quite a few others were gone from DHTA long before the split. Wanna take a guess at most of the reasons people left?

Why don't you ask them instead of speculating. As for me, I didn't see a point in changing games just because we couldn't find a way to compete. Infact, our offensive guys were good enough. The problem was the defensive strategist we had leading our defense.

No frosty, I don't think the match with that clan that used all spies on us is what killed us. But it is what made me start looking elsewhere for a clan. We had two more matches after that. One was a forfeit and the other, we got smoked rnd 1 on xo2. Again, 2sg defense and over-run by spies.

Our defense had no mixture of classes. But yeah, this thread was started to look back on OESM, not DHTA, so...I had fun in OESM. Most of the guys I met in the clan I still talk to and pub with regularly. Rim, Stick, Nuc and occasionally, dave gets to juggle me around.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Memories...

Postby Axiom » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:24 pm

Oh and those who lagged could become gods by not registering their kill and thus being magically re-animated on-spot. God that one pisses me off.

I've only seen this happen once. You and I were the only ones on a server during a round of one of those A/D maps. You said I died, but I capped the flag and the bitching began.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Memories...

Postby Axiom » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:27 pm

I forgot to quote you on something I just glanced over at first. So...

In fact, HL is the ONLY game around that has such rampant cheating and has undergone the current most patches of ANY game in history. This enormous amount of patches should speak for itself.

You claim to have played Q2, and I saw you in a server once. But if you think cheating is rampant in TFC/Half Life, you should try joining a server with people that have aimbots installed. Infact, 15 people I used to know on the old Heat.net used aimbots. It was quite rampant throughout quake/quake2.

Before giving us a history lesson, you might wanna research or have some backing for your claim.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Memories...

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:42 am

like I said, you can argue all you want, but I'm sick of it Seph. IT doens't matter WHAT the thread is about, it ALWAYS seems to end up about "HL sucks", Patchs for HL, or "Unreal is GOD"

And Seph, I'm sorry, but you don't back your statements up...so you have a Roster, that none of us have seen... You don't defend the numbers you originally spewed... You have JUST changed the topic again...

Stick to the topic posted dude...

OESM, and speficially that match...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Memories...

Postby Setzer » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:27 pm

I suggest you guys keep up with the roster. If Vg didn't want to go, how is it he's remained on our active roster? Hell he even went off and downloaded over 300mb of Infiltration stuff to play on my server. ZB wasn't in DHTA at the split because of stuff (to my memory) about arrests or theft or being kicked out and not having a box, etc etc. Vg and Messiah could probably jog my memory on that one better.

As for Quake cheating, I never ran across it and if I have, then I really am better than I think. I played Quake and Quake II online all the time. I wasn't a regular with Chaney because there was no real communication of anything and I didn't just sit at my computer all day. I may have been in and out but I worked during the summer and after school I rode ATVs with friends. I didn't always use Heat.net because a few of us actually convinced our ISP to host a Linux dedicated Q2 server. Hell it may still be up for all I know. I can't help it if you chose to play in shit-holes of cheaters. I honestly NEVER ran across one, at least one I couldn't beat fairly easily.

I have had the HL bug happen several times, and others HAVE witnessed it. It happened on Dave's server a few times late at night/early morning. I remember sniping with some guy on 2fort and a third guy joined. This new guy was on my team and he agreed to just spectate and not interfere. He saw me take down the enemy, move behind a wall, then die, the enemy stood back up, and my corpse slid around to where I took my shot. It was not the other sniper's fault, it just showed off a MAJOR bug in the new netcode which STILL remains, though I will say it isn't as bad now.

As for coming back, I did. When DHTA was thinking of returning to HL we tried CS (couldn't host due to piss-poor tracing routines causing massive spikes), TF1.5 (OK until you play with somebody over 200ms, get a loser HW/Pyro/Sniper who thinks their the shit to join, etc), and finally DMC. DMC had the least amount of bugs which were detrimental to gameplay. Yeah there were some, such as firing rockets into and out of water that could change their angle by as much as 90degrees, but over-all there wasn't much lag and few cheated at the time. When the DMC community started showing signs of ass-holism (cheater-list growing, sore losers, players who joined and quit after the first death, etc) we voted as a clan to move back to the Unreal community due to the lack of jerks and hacks. If I couldplay TFC back in 1016, we'd still be HL.

And this shit with blaming me for Valve's fuck-up is old, so fuck you. I couldn't make you choose to quit or not and I alone could not kick you from the clan. Oh and I do believe you were intrested in joining the *seph's a fag* division and asked me for an ISO, but at the time I had 56gay and declined. Then you got quiet for a month or so and when I next brought it up you suddenly hated the games.

Our strategies worked fine until 1.1 and yeah, maybe I should have tried harder to make a better one, but I was too fed up with the BS that arose from the new TF to want to. I also suggest you think real hard before claiming our defenses were 2 sentries. I had several strategies for most maps and only two of them consisted of dual sentries. One was on 2fort and the other was on well. I also want to remind you that they worked fine against the first two clans we had faced. Oh and as for offense being so hot, how come in our second to last match we didn't score a point? I didn't call you guys to defense.

Magoo, I wasn't saying you guys were newbies. If you were you wouldn't have been in the clan. Infiltration was originally an Unreal mod and the only thing patches have done is add more models like weapons, ammo clips, skins, etc. The next one adds realistic physics to the bullets and projectiles, such as initial kick, drop-off, wind-resistance, wind-direction, etc. It's going to be a HUGE patch but man, it's going to PWN! As for crash-fixes, lag-fixes, or something along those lines, none yet [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ! Hey fi you look at the patch history for CS, up until Valve took over there were only a few "fixes", like using a scope causing total darkness on certain video cards or modes. And now that I think of it, I think there was one bug similar to that in an earlier version of *daddy's penis*.

Frost, we had fourteen members. I still have the old roster stuff I had been making for a web-site (that until recently, we didn't have). Also, I had an Unreal division before the HL division split. It's funny how we can be so fucking hot in the Unreal, Quake II, Quake, and even Legacy (Heretic and all the Dooms) communities, yet we go to the HL community and we get spam, lag, bitching on both sides, bugs, constant patches, etc. This is why DHTA is in *seph's a fag* now. And Mil did come with us and was also in our DMC division. Thing is, he started Rebel Elite (awesome CS clan) and had to run a lot by himself, such as the hosting box(es). He didn't have much time for us. It took him longer, but the same shit that got to DHTA got to RE and he's finally quit the HL scene due to the cheaters and HL BS. And I believe he put it better than I have in the past when he told me how he felt on the matter. He would like to play CS just like I like to play TF, but the community and engine are so shitty that he'll only play with people he knows and trusts. That's not an exact quote since the Trillian log is on one of the boxes in my room and I am on this old guest machine (go P133, GO!) in the living room. I would be happy to quo0te it if you want though. Heck the post on the RE forums may contain it too (in fact I think it does). Oh and you're forgetting quite a few members, though probably because they weren't regulars and ones I wanted to boot anyway for not showing at stuff.
Setzer

Memories...

Postby Setzer » Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:03 pm

I told you your memory sucked. I suggest you read this thread again. I never gave any names. I have not changed the topic. I have replied to what was stated. Read more than the flaming part of a thread. Magoo said something about a bug in a free game, and I replied with factual data that can be obtained through the Infiltration website or through the text files accompanying both the full game and updates. You and Nasty named some older DHTA members and I replied. Does it bother you being shot down because you lept before you looked (or looked back to make sure)? I don't see any facts from you either. Oh and I'd be happy to pop in one or two of my old zip disks and show you the original roster (it was plain text because I did not know CGI back then). Hell I think I'll go transfer it now. Better yet, why don't I put a copy on your desktop and email it to anybody else who wants a copy?
Setzer

Memories...

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:01 pm

I'm not going to get into an arguement with you...I'm tired of it...

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- ]</p>
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

PreviousNext

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum