*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:23 pm

Just curious as to why all of a sudden you are running a *seph's a fag* server... You posted that this is a HL only server host...

Just curious...not being a smart ass...
err trying to be anyway...

You running Linux Ds I presume... did you give *seph's a fag* another try and like it? Testing out Seph's theories on bandwidth and ping, or just getting alot of *seph's a fag* requests?

Later
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:31 am

Nope, still don't like it. But I figured I'd give it a shot as another game to host.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:18 am

heh...that's funny
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:21 am

I'm not a narrow minded idiot... *cough*

I understand that just because I don't like something doesn't mean no one likes it.

*edit*

And read my last post in the Love thread about *seph's a fag* and pings.

[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: DLinkOZ ]</p>
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:31 am

I did...funny thing is... it's there in White and Green...and the response I heard...(guess he can't post anymore)...Dave msut have installed it wrong...

Hit me like a tonne of bricks...I had to try damn hard not to laugh....
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:53 am

Yep, I installed it wrong. Runs perfectly, but it's not installed correctly. How the hell do you do a "tar xzvf ut-server-436.tar.gz" incorrectly?!?!

[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby Setzer » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:15 pm

Intresting, that file does not exist on Loki's FTP. See Loki NEVER made a server for Linux. They made the entire GAME for Linux, server and client. This is how ALL of the Loki *seph's a fag* stuff is. Maybe that is why you're getting wierd problems like the 0ms LAN ping...

This means you're using somebody else's modified version of Loki's Linux *seph's a fag*! DLink I thought you were smart enough not to be caught off-guard like THIS! My point now stands COMPLETELY solid [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ! Install the Loki distro and run the DS, bet your ping problem disappears, and if not, I can tell you how to remove the problem.
Setzer
I'm too seksy for this board!

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:28 pm

Back off, you have NO idea what I got and where it came from. And YES, this is available from Loki, but the login in the link I found was wrong:

wget ftp://utservers:idspispopd@ftp.lokigames.com/ut-server-436.tar.gz

Didn't work, but shows that loki did indeed make a server only tarball. Hate to be juvenile here, but it's warranted... STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!. Now I would tell you where I finally found it, but it's more fun to see you post about all the dificulties you had in installing, when the hardest part I had was deciding on variables for the config file. Toodles...
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby Setzer » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:43 pm

True, but this was scratched due to problems. They spent the rest of the time working on client-side fixes in the full-game and no longer offer the server-only tarball due to the massive problems encountered, such as the false ping. Go to their FTP now and it's gone, but the rest remain. Still don't know who would play a client-side app in a server-side OS, but hell, stranger shit has happened.

Oh and I wasn't being snappy DLink, you've not pissed me off, but Frost is damn close and Nasty can suck my left nut. Oh one thing though, my troubles weren't in the game, they wer ein the fucking lack of the proper patch thanks to Loki (who can suck my left nut as well). I am STILL pissed that I had to go make a patch to fix that problem.
Setzer

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:03 am

Link please, back up what you say with a link. Until you can start providing evidence for your arguments as I do (when we speak of numbers, I always include links, for example) I will be contempt to sit here, toss the bullshit flag, and call for the ref to give you a penalty.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby Setzer » Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:18 pm

ftp://ftp.lokigames.org/

Nowhere shall you find a server zip/rar/tar/gz. Need more evidence?
Setzer

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:58 pm

That link doesn't work at all for me. You claim the tarball was removed due to bugs. Show me on Loki's site where it statses that this is so. Am I claiming this is some holy grail for *seph's a fag* linux servers? No. But it does work just fine (had some guys playing earlier today, didn't seem to have any problems other than the typical 12 year old foul mouth). The only bugs I've found are related to the admin webserver that's built in, but some quick searches around the net find this to be a common problem with this archaic game running under newer 2.4.x kernels and accessing that server remotely (hell, last update for the game was in late 2000).

But hey, let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. Server runs perfectly for me, had no problems installing or running it, spent more time choosing my commands for the server.ini file than I did doing the actual install. Enjoy yourself, but let the subject drop... you're like a broken record.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby Setzer » Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:55 pm

Sorry, .com not .org!
ftp://ftp.lokigames.com/
I went with the http extension, which of course failed! Now search the FTP. Heck look in the Heretic II directories for it, and it still won't be found anymore. Yes DLink, you have a tarball that hundreds of admins have tried to get for eons. If you want to eat up 100% of your bandwidth for a week, put it on your FTP and post the link on Loki's *seph's a fag* newsgroup [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !
Setzer

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:08 pm

Where is the statement telling the world that it's evil and bugged? Hell, for all I know what I have wasn't released by Loki (I assume it was since it was posted on their ftp long ago). Simply not being there doesn't mean it's bugged. All loki's other stuff was simple .run installers requiring your cdrom be mounted (or at least, Linux be tricked into thinking it is). This is a complete tarball like Valve does. Maybe Loki removed it because they wanted to keep with the installer format due copyright issues of making full game content downloadable? Or maybe they didn't like people suckin down 100mb files from their ftp?
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

*seph's a fag* Dlink?

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:40 pm

HEHE, Dlink, virtually all the posts I have read reciently (by you) have had the words: "agree to disagree"

Seems that those words fall on deaf ears...

don't you think it's funny?
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Next

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum