Evil Valve, But HORRID Loki...

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:15 pm

Just thought I'd let DLink and Nasty know that it WAS Loki's bad on *seph's a fag*. See, they made one tiny mistake The most distributed version of *seph's a fag* was 428, but that version required a "NoDelta" patch to patch up to 436. Windows has a 436 patch, but Loki never made one for Linux! This is why there are so few Linux DS for *seph's a fag* now. Thankfully my IQ was higher than Loki's. I simply wrote an app to capture data flow and through repeated "run and find error, upload 436 .u file, repeat" loops, I found out what files were needed. I now have a WORKING 428->436 NoDelta patch for Linux. Lick my balls Loki!

Oh and DLink, if our *seph's a fag* community is so tiny, how come I put up my *daddy's penis* server and couldn't join about fifteen minutes later because it was packed, and stayed packed until around 11:30pm EST? I mean there are a few hundred *daddy's penis* servers and half are on better lines, so either DHTA is still a name remembered in the *seph's a fag* area, or most players are smart like me and choose to HIDE their online presence. Oh and stop by if you wanna' try fraggin' us any time [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:05 pm

When I had a *seph's a fag* server, I used the Loki stuff and a no delta (totally forget what the difference was now... stupid memory) patch. So at the time, it was there.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:33 pm

Wrong, from x-Loki employees themselves, I have been told a Linux nodelta existed. If you had one then at one time, a user like myself had released one. Loki however released the normal patches and two or three different installers (428, 428a, 436 being the major installers). I also think they had old-skewl installers for the pre-release versions, but I MIGHT be wrong.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:50 pm

"I have been told a Linux nodelta existed"

Umm... yeah, what he said. I had a nodelta patch...
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:43 pm

Dlink...feel sorry for me...I HATE unreal and *seph's a fag* (the GAMES seph...the GAMES)...and he spews unreal shit left and right...

And Dlink...seph is lieing to you...his server didn't fill untill 30 minutes later...

interesting thing Seph...you told me that Unreal is SUCH a great engine that you could host a 16 player server on a 56K in WIN98SE, and no one's pings would hit higher than 200... yet you told me last night that the DS was only using half our bandwidth...last time I checked...DSL has more bandwidth than 56k...hmmm....

Can you post on another topic...rereading the same thing over and over thinking it MIGHT be original is getting rather old... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Fri Aug 02, 2002 4:48 pm

Loki never released a NoDelta. Go to their newsgroups and READ. I never said you didn't have one, but I DID say that Loki never released one. Doubt me? Go to their FTP. It wouldn't make much sense to create a NoDelta which 95% of the *seph's a fag* owners would need, then leave the FTP up with all EXCEPT the one patch. That's like giving somebody a car without an engine. It would do no good.

And I have hosted good 56k games on Unreal. Don't remember if it was 8 or 16 though. And yes, 32 did eat a bit more than half our bandwidth, but it rocked! I now run it at 8 and once I get the P3 Vg is sending me I will be upping it to 16 and adding the larger, more detailed maps. I can't help it if you like being behind the times as far as latency and next-gen gaming goes, but I stay on top of it, Hence the UT2K3 beta I am dying to try on my FTP. It is the first game I truly can't run on this one, but then again, it's a beta. Also I should have that new computer within the month and can then rag on you for having a slower system once again [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .

Now if you'll excuse me, I don't want to take any more bandwidth from my players, and I am going to join them. It's nice playing in the most heavily trafficed game-land around, unlike DMC, which always left my server empty or with pussies who quit after dying once.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:28 pm

couple of points seph...
you said you ran a 16 player server that at half our bandwidth... NEVER a 32 player server...and if your server takes half the band width...then keep in mind, they will lag out when I use the other half...

also...my last processor was a 300 mhz...which you are now using...
your FASTEST processor that you are using NOT supplied by me is a p233...

HOW is that faster than a celeron 300? I'm now running an 800 mhz... and I'll prolly upgrade soon...not really feeling a need to though...I can play all the games I want to on MY pc...I don't have to use yours [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

yes yes, I know...you have a pIII 833 mhz...but it's not in a box being used...so it don't count...

seph...I'm finding it more and more common that you'll say one thing, then say something totally different the next day...when someone has proof that you were wrong...

XP WAS designed for athlon...because it didn't need additional software to run, like programs need with intel chips...MS decided to release 2 version on the CD's...the Athlon version, and the intel version, which doesn't run as well as the athlon...

ATI Radeon 8500...performs better than the GeForce 4, and their is NO santa clause...

laterz...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:26 pm

Radeon 8500 does NOT outperform a GF4 ti4600 (http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/S&V/8500_le(3).shtml even my 4200 beat the 8500), but I hear the new 9700's are the cat's meow.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:47 pm

I stand corrected...on the Geforce4 ti series...but you have to admit that the Geforce mx series is far less superior to the ATI 8500...

Also, you have to admit that The tests were 3D tests... and that ATI does do a good job on the 3D, but in 2d, as well as video, the ATI series excell...most people here would only use such cards for gaming, but For grpahics editng, etc... I'm really interested in this series...not only the 8500, but also the all-in-wonder...

and at least you gave some evidence...besides: This guy I know installe din and said it was darker... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-02-2002: Message edited by: [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- ]</p>
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:21 am

Well Dlink, you would be surprised...
we have alot of graphic designers around here...either they use a Mac, or they use ATI cards in their PC...and The 3d aspect isn't that bad dude...not as good as the Nvidia GeForce 4 TI, but better that the rest...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:09 am

The 3D aspect is great, never said it wasn't. In fact, that's why I questioned someone spending that kind of cash for a good 3D performer for just doing 2D stuff.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:18 pm

Who the hell buys a 300 dollar video card that's marketed for gaming just to do 2d?!?! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But yes, the GF4 MX cards are GF2 cores (not a GF4 core), and they blow.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:48 am

I didn't mean to imply that was the only reason someone would...but it is one of many reasons a person would...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sun Aug 04, 2002 11:29 am

You guys let the whole thing go right over your head. OPENGL NOT D3D! D3D is 50% software which is why it can't touch GL in frames or detail without KILLING your processor.

Frost, I have a 333, your old 300 is lying on the desk next to my 486SX. I do NOT have a P3/833 it is a P3/866. I also have a P200 running on the end of the desk. You gave me ONE Celeron300 which I've never even had the opportunity to use, and I doubt I will unless it is for an email/web server box. Oh and Vg is sending me one that may be as high as 1ghz P3, and if it is, guess which one goes to my gaming rig and which goes to the server. Hint: the server is just doing traces and not 3D texturing and such which requires less power.

Have I left anything out? Oh yes, the same thing I've said for fucking eons. ATI is GREAT for grphical design because guess what, VIRTUALLY NO GRAPHICAL PROGRAMS USE OPENGL, THEY USE D3D! And since you're designing pretty images or a single (sometimes several) 3D models, you don't need the extra processing power for some enemy AI or for some advanced mathematical physics system. And I've also always said that although the Mac sucks as a gaming platform, it RULES as a text-editor and a graphical machine. In case you non-programing-types didn't know, RISC is the processor type used by Macs, and it stands for "Reduced Instruction Set Computer", meaning that it doesn't have the advanced functionality that a Pentium or *shudder* AMD has, and expects the software to do all the work. This means much more coding for the programmer, which has GOT to suck.

I think that got all the loose ends. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go eat breakfast then get ready to play with my new $1200 boat motor.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:05 pm

yeah...um that's your dad's motor...

second...you NEVER said anything good about ATI...I heard about the new Radeon 9700...sounds sweet...

AMD is great, and MAC are da bomb when dealing with ANY types of graphics...

Seph, I TOLD you that that p3 866 (you told me 833) doesen't count cause you don't have a system that can run it...so if VG gives you a 1gh (he's either a moron, or you weaseled it from him) you still won't be able to use it...thus it doesn't matter...

VG is the one who just attempted to build a comp with the cheapest part around right? what's he doing? selling the parts off?

Nasty...you'd get a kick outta this...seph told VG that he should have gone to seph to build the comp...let's see...it'll take vg 3 months to get, and 6 months to fix it...remember mil?

HAD to say it seph...had to...

[ 08-04-2002: Message edited by: [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- ]</p>
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Next

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum