New Clan Site...

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

New Clan Site...

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:13 pm

Since my guys and I decided to switch to Infiltration, we are re-doing our site. Check it out and provide feedback here.

http://dhta.oesm.org/
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

New Clan Site...

Postby DLinkOZ » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:16 pm

border=0

Learn it, live it, love it.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Clan Site...

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:13 am

Well, I like the colors, but it is hard to read, you might either want to lighten up the text, or use a slightly larger font (I CAN read it, but it's not easy...no jokes)...I'd also redo the menu graphics... lable them dude... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] but you were going to do that already...weren't you?

OH, one other thing you might wanna work on, but I'm quite sure you know what I'm going to say...
Infiltration??? Are you insane? hehe... j/k
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

New Clan Site...

Postby Mr.Magoo » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:26 pm

Rollovers=bad
Mr.Magoo

New Clan Site...

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:04 pm

Yes, I am labeling those robars with text in the future. Also, the font is "Impact" and is only temporary. I LOVE Times New Roman, but I don't think everybody has that by default. As for border=0, that's what i was looking for, but do I add it in the img block or the href block? Mind you, Frost is the HTML god around here. I'm just the god who makes more core-level stuff. I think it would be awesome to make a game that boots it's own OS to play, but that'd be a bit much, eh?

Thanks for the feedback and I will start changing it now. I'll toy with border also, but if I can't get it working I'll await a reply on where to put it. Also, I'm adding a links page, and the top link will be to my host, oesm.org. DLink, is there any specific info you'd like me to put by the link, aside from the server hosting at low cost?
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

New Clan Site...

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:52 pm

img border=0 src=blah blah
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Clan Site...

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:02 pm

Yeah I figured it out. I just put the border=0 behidn the source path. Now I have to overlay text on those images and I think the basic menu will be in order. I am optimizing the site for 1024x768 to 1280x1024. I have viewed it in both resolutions and it looks good. Any other suggestions?
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

New Clan Site...

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:46 pm

OK guys, I managed to get some nice blood-red text going on on the RC50 link images. Found a small yet SWEET ***FREEWARE*** image editor. Edits practically ANY image format you can think of, including PNG. I'm now working on two CGI scripts for the site. One will allow users I specify in a text password file located above the htdocs directory to post news. The other is the one everybody sees when they come to the main site. It'll read in the latest seven news postings and display them, as well as offering an archive option to view older posts. Check it out and offer suggestions.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum