Request

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Request

Postby AoW^Cypress » Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:50 pm

I would like to be tooken off the cheaters list. I was put on there June 12th, aka day the 1110 patch.

I had updated my TFC and went into a OESM updated server, to check it all out. But instead I was kicked and banned by: HL Guard. I know that this problem has been fixed, and that I have been tooked off the ban list.

But just today, I was kicked and banned from #00D one of the mIRC guild channels I am in. After a long explaining of how this happened, me being on the list, and showing them [CD]Madman's early post of how I got on it, they finally let me back into the channel.

I was hoping that you could take my name off the list, so that this incident wont happen again, and I wont have this little thing on my clean record up till now.

|AoW|Cypress.098.ch
AoW^Cypress
noobeh
noobeh

Request

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:15 pm

You need to find out which clan's server it was, and contact them.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Request

Postby [CD]MadMan » Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:54 pm

Our guild has a 0 tolerance for cheating and I know Cypress is NOT cheater... I think what happened is this: All guild members all have rcon, as soon as they went to use it, they were banned. But as always Dlink came to our rescue and dumped the HLGuard software. Now I guess, its my turn and I need to go out and clean up those ban lists.

If there is some master list of oesm...please remove him from it...Thanks very much.
[CD]MadMan
purple nurple
purple nurple

Request

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:57 pm

Each server running HLGuard has it's own Cheaterlist.txt in the mod directory where this is written. I just poll those lists to make the page. So whichever server it was just needs to remove his entry in that file.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Request

Postby [CD]MadMan » Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:38 pm

I tried that and did manage to get rid of some, but for some reason there are still three entries for AoW, on the 12th. Can those be removed. I think I deleted them from all the cheat.txt files. But maybe I'm missing something.
[CD]MadMan
purple nurple
purple nurple

Request

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:51 pm

It has to be done on any server they might have had the false positive happen. If I change it on the webserver, 20 minutes later when the list updates again, it'll be right back on it.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Request

Postby AoW^Cypress » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:42 pm

I have just looked at the list of cheaters and searched for my WONID and didn't find anything. I would like ti thank you all for correcting this mistake. A special thanks goes to DLink for the help of identifying how to solve this problem and to Madman, for sticking with me and doing all the work.

This might sound like some Oscar reward speech, but I feel my reputation is as important to me as receiving an Oscar.

Thanks,
|AoW|Cypress.098.ch
AoW^Cypress
noobeh
noobeh

Request

Postby [CD]MadMan » Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:35 pm

Glad to help....
[CD]MadMan
purple nurple
purple nurple

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum