Gay Fileplanet....

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Gay Fileplanet....

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sat Jun 15, 2002 6:15 pm

Check the new wait times on fp. You go out and buy broadband to download faster, so fp makes you wait in line for your old 56gay time. Now however, you have to wait a MINIMUM of 115min to START downloading shit, unless you pay for a "personal server". Gayness. Who wants to help take fp down?

The other bad thing is that f*cking Valve, though they make the patches, only release them to fp! Let's all bend over and take it in the a$$ now. I get on once in a month just to update my damn HL server and I manage to get so angry I could (for real) kill those bastards at fp and Valve. Valve should host their own damn shit, even if it is throttled in some way.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Gay Fileplanet....

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Jun 15, 2002 6:33 pm

Um... Valve openly gives the login to their very own (and mighty fast) repository when patches come around. Then the guys on the list mirror the stuff. There are TONS of mirrors. One of my favorites is www.redphive.org
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gay Fileplanet....

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:12 pm

WHERE?!! Valve's site is NOTHING! It looks like it was doen by a two year-old! However, I'll check out redphive and put it on the FTP for those who need it. Thanks for the redphive link DLink. Oh and to spit in Microsoft's face, I am rebuilding a micro-tower and installing Linux with *shudder* X-Win, so i can prove how well Win games run Linux. Hell, I may just use Linux for gaming now.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Gay Fileplanet....

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:09 pm

You can't play on secure servers (only CS for now). Anyone attempting to connect to a secure server via linux/wine get tagged as cheaters. Not really an issue Valve is responsible for, since the specs clearly say Windows, not Linux/wine.

I'm waiting for someone to post lindows on the newsgroups, very axious to give it a shot.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gay Fileplanet....

Postby Supafly » Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:23 am

well isnt that just shitty, to bad a friend of mine linked me access to a back-door of some kind to fp, and i started downloading immediatly at 150 kbs..
Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

Gay Fileplanet....

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:19 pm

I can do that too. Once I get THROUGH the fraggin' line, I can use the link to start downloading on ANY of my machines.

As for that Linux shit, if it proves to be a problem, I will fucking take down WON's servers. No wait that would be wrong. I'll take down fucking Valve's site(s). Better yet I'll get the OGC sources and add a hack to allow me to play.

Yeah I'm fucking pissed to the point of murder but Valve pisses me off anyway. Besides, it looks like DHTA is going back to the REAL engine and playing Infiltration. IN YOUR FUCKING FACE CS! My clanners have come to ME bitching about the rampant cheating, constant bugs, and complete and utter slow-down. It won't even run on machines CLOSE to the minimum requirements any more. If 4/5 of my clan votes, we're saying bye to that POS called the HL engine forever.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Gay Fileplanet....

Postby soft-core » Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:24 pm

I just use german sites [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
soft-core
I should get out more
I should get out more

Gay Fileplanet....

Postby Supafly » Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:08 am

well that sucks that you have to wait in line, see, i dont have to wait in any line at all :-P
Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

Gay Fileplanet....

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:02 am

Last time I tried using a German site, the download window (for an older version of *daddy's penis*) opened, and right on top of it opened a window with a picture of some guy's ass shitting into a woman's mouth with an advertisement for a site on it. I have not TOUCHED a german IP or website since. That's fucking disgusting. At least spam me with real sex if you're going to do so.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum