New HLDS Is Bad Mojo!!

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

New HLDS Is Bad Mojo!!

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:44 pm

OK, I got my new HLDS up and running with DMC again, no troubles. Now, the hate starts.

1) If I try using CSGuard, it runs until a client connects, then exits and dumps it's core. Is this because valve went yet gayer and has their anti-cheat shit stop even other anti-cheats?

2) Why the heck is there an exclamation beside my game server in the "LAN Games" screen, and what does it mean? Reminds me of the EVIL one (MB_ICONEXCLAMATION) from Windoze!

3) Is there ANY fraggin' documentation on the CURRENT list of HL cvars and cmds? I dumped both to text files and am going to print them, but I need to know EXACTLY what they do. For instance, WTF is "rj"? I thought it was for "rocket-jump" and enabled it, yet no go! You'd think valve would label the vars as what they are like in Unreal (bAllowCheats, iServerPort, iMaxClients, iAllowIPX, etc). I won't just start punching values into a var that could be a char or strings into one that could be an int.

Thanks for the info, and DLink, what'd you do, stop using Trillian or something? Haven't seen you on in months!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

New HLDS Is Bad Mojo!!

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:47 pm

You need to get the new metamod .so released today so your server won't seg fault when a player joins.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

New HLDS Is Bad Mojo!!

Postby Mr.Magoo » Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:47 pm

VAVLe doesn't let any programs hook it anymore.

Also...

http://www.planethalflife.com/commands/
Mr.Magoo

New HLDS Is Bad Mojo!!

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Apr 25, 2002 11:12 am

Magoo, I am going to kick your butt! 90% of those commands are no longer in existance and whomever wrote the site did a DAMN good job back on 1.0.1.5/6, but since 1100 that site has been useless. They don't even document the new commands. I want a THOROUGH list anyway, one from valve. Oh and you can dump all your commands via "rcon cmdlist log" and "rcon cvarlist log". That's how I found out how outdated that site was a few months ago. Any other places that might have up to date info?
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

New HLDS Is Bad Mojo!!

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Apr 25, 2002 11:13 am

Oh and thanks DLink. I figured it out about thirty seconds after I posted. See that's my crapptastic luck. Anyways it seems to be running ok now, and I managed to get two friend's servers up and running with CSG again as well. Thanks.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum