Louisville server down

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Louisville server down

Postby Q » Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:09 pm

Same problem only tonight we have a match and I do need a server whether it is this one or a loaner thanks match time is 8:30 central, |30+|Rabidd team30plus
Q
noobeh
noobeh

Louisville server down

Postby Mr.Magoo » Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:18 pm

Us on the topside of the rock know that there is a patch out today and servers need to be patched.

Relax.
Mr.Magoo

Louisville server down

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:46 pm

Celeron333, 512mb ram, 40gb drive, default TF maps, default and custom DMC maps. 2mbps connection, Linux dedicated 24/7. If it suits your needs contact me. You cna email me by clicking the "Join DHTA" link on http://dhta.oesm.org/ .

-Sephiroth
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Louisville server down

Postby Q » Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:02 pm

Mr. Magoo FYI this is not the first time our server has been down. Now it is 7:09 here and I still have not server....hmmmm relax? I think being on the top side of the rock has caused a little burn on your brain, thanks for the insult you sound like a real jackass
Q
noobeh
noobeh

Louisville server down

Postby Mr.Magoo » Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:10 pm

joke
n.

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

Enter your reply ---> here.
Mr.Magoo

Louisville server down

Postby Q » Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:42 pm

in'sult
an insulting act act or remark

"us on the topside of the rock" insinuates that I just crawled out from under one.
"know that there is a patch out today and servers need to be patched." insinuates I am stupid and did not know there is a patch.

relax? server still down 7:49pm
Q
noobeh
noobeh

Louisville server down

Postby Q » Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:09 pm

8:15 no server 8:30 match time, thanks OESM
Q
noobeh
noobeh

Louisville server down

Postby Axiom » Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:02 pm

Q - If you will read the news on the front page of the site - http://www.oesm.org, you will see that we are trying to get the issue resolved with the server.

Unfortunatly, this is an issue that needs someone standing at the machine to fix it.

Other notes.

Magoo, I got the same impression he got. Just be careful how you say things. Otherwise, someone may get the wrong idea. Remember, they can't see your body language or hear the inflection in your voice when you tell a joke in text.

Q, please refrain from "thanking" us. It is not our responsibility to find you a server if your server goes down. It is our responsibility to keep your server running, something that we are working on right now. Moving from the Louisville location will be one solution to this issue.

It is also our responsibility to make sure you do not pay for something you did not receive. That is why you will pay a prorated amount for your next payment because of the downtime.

If there ever is a next time when you need a server, asking us to provide it for you, probably won't work, because there are very few servers that are actually under our control. We used to keep 1 or 2 open for issues such as this, but time and other issues does not allow for that. Talk to MadMan or anyone else in #cohguild who has rcon/ftp access to one of their many servers. They don't mind setting one up for a match most of the time.

Seph. DSL servers are rarely permitted in league play these days. Don't really care that everyone who plays *seph's a fag* get's great ping because of the super small packets. Read some of the rules. I am sure 30+ would prefer to have a home feild advantage.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Louisville server down

Postby Q » Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:46 pm

Could we please trade our server for a Dallas server, if so send me the info at rabidd@30plus.org
Q
noobeh
noobeh

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum