OK another question

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

OK another question

Postby DeSyPhUr » Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:30 pm

Well apparently, there was a net split the night my CS started acting up. And after that I think i got hacked. 2 reasons. one this is now my homepage, and no matter how many times i change it and save it in options it always goes back to this: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL when i retstart my computer...even the right way. Now i found that file and erased it because it was a a page in german (???). 2 : I found some file causing errors in my HL and CS. I trashed it too. It was called _delis. What ever the hell that shit is, is beyond me. My question to you Dlink, is how do I change my homepage back to what I want it to for good. Because even though i erased that german shit, it just gives me a message that it cant be found (therefore it still thinks its my homepage). I did all the obvious things to try maybe you got a way that works??
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

OK another question

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:55 pm

Just try the normal ways. I'm sure there's a registry key for it, but I don't know what it is.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK another question

Postby DeSyPhUr » Tue Apr 16, 2002 10:17 pm

hmmm ok. Well time to ask another question. NOW I CANT EVEN CONNECT TO Mirc.... I can connect to AIM, EI and even Kazaa but not CS or Mirc. WTF is going on. The cable company said that my connection is fine, but it might be Kazaa and audio galaxy causing my trouble. They said that even if Im not connected to Kazaa, that I literally still am and people use my connection.. So I erased Kazaa and Audio Galaxy and STILL, TIMING OUT TO Mirc AND CS.. man can you please just rub your magic wand on my computer. Those are the two things I use this computer for and now I cant even connect to them. Im about to launch this gay bitch off the balcony. Please help.
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

OK another question

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Apr 16, 2002 10:21 pm

Time for an antivirus update a full system scan.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK another question

Postby DeSyPhUr » Tue Apr 16, 2002 11:06 pm

well i checked for critical updates... there is none available and i did a full Norton antivirus scan... none found. Hopefully your not running outa options to fix my computers delema
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

OK another question

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Apr 16, 2002 11:57 pm

Did you update the virus tables within Norton? Using the LiveUpdate?
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK another question

Postby DeSyPhUr » Wed Apr 17, 2002 9:22 pm

hmmmm. no. But i think i found something on accident. Check this out and tell me if it could be it. Remember back a few weeks ago I asked about doing scandisk/defragging and I told you that it was starting over becuae of some programs running keeping it busy? Well last night my explorer caused an error, which it does sometimes, and it sorta clears all the things in my close program menu. Well after it did that I tried Mirc and CS one last time and it worked. So today, I tried to play CS and it timed out again.... So now Im about to attempt to close all the non important things running and try and play. Oh, BTW, I found 2 programs running and I have no clue what the are. One is RunDll and two is a bunch of numbers and letters and such... just like that german site that wont stop being my homepage. Curious indeed.
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

OK another question

Postby DeSyPhUr » Wed Apr 17, 2002 9:37 pm

OK OK
I got it. That file i deleted ( the german homepage file) is running on my startup menu. So its lagging up my computer trying to connect to a file that i deleted. I closed that file that is for some reason still wanting to be on my computer and CS runs fine. Now all I ask of you is that you tell me how to stop that program from starting up and how do i get the whole gay thing off my computer for good?
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

OK another question

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Apr 17, 2002 9:53 pm

If it's in your startup menu, just delete it from there.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum