Help Again (LOOK DESY NEEDS HELP, YET AGAIN)

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby DeSyPhUr » Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:30 am

hey once again i turn to the gurus of this forum for computer know-how. Just tonight i lagged out of a server and when i exited CS it had a nice message: HL has cause an error in <unknown> if you continue to experiance this problem please restart. OK then. At the moment I got that message my computer froze. I restarted and everything was OK. Until I tried to join a server....It freezes at the start up screen after it connects to the server but doesnt load the map then I have to restart my computer by holding the button on the tower. The exact spot is when it says execute map # 13 or whatever and the light stops blinkin on my computer. Now someone in the server said it kept saying that I was timed out.... <---THE POINT & THE QUESTIONS--> Is it my CS or is it my connection.
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:02 am

Try creating your own lan server. If that goes well, create an internet listen server. If that goes well, I'd be stumped. If you can create a lan server but not internet server, I'd guess it's your connection. If you can't create either, try it with different maps to start with. If some maps work and some don't, you may have some map or related wad corruption. If you can't create even a lan server regardless of the map you pick, you're CS is hosed.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DeSyPhUr » Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:09 pm

thx and thx. You are computer GOD.
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum