Bob, I pushed you down to #2!

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby Trinder » Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:38 am

Heya Bob, this is Trinder. Just wanted to flash my 1st place, 2182 rank position in your face while it lasted. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . I hope you get a good look at it before I go and do something stupid like accidentily pressing a bound suicide key and ending up in second or third place again.

I tried to send you an E-Mail (DLinkOZ@oesm.org) but it was returned to me by my mail server siting a DNS failure. I looked into it and it appears that there isn't an MX record on your DNS server. [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Trinder
noobeh
noobeh

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Mar 27, 2002 10:10 am

oesm.org
origin = ns.oesm.org.
mail addr = dlinkoz.oesm.org.
serial = 200203161
refresh = 1800
retry = 900
expire = 604800
minimum = 86400
oesm.org nameserver = ns.oesm.org.
oesm.org mail exchanger = 10 mail.oesm.org.

That's from an nslookup, and there's my mx record...
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Wed Mar 27, 2002 10:54 am

lol...I still say: "the stats don't mean shit"

well later all [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Mar 27, 2002 11:52 am

And they don't, I was just giving him a hard time in the server because he made it very clear he was trying to the #1 slot. And for my first few weeks playing after being gone from the game over over a year, I'm happy with what I've got.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Trinder » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:00 pm

Well, I never doubted that you had it setup and working, that's why used to the term "appears". I was able to get a zone transfer of the oesm.org domain and see the MX record (from a third-party nameserver). I was also able to manually telnet in to the SMTP server and all checked out. But for some reason, the two nameservers provided to me via DHCP seem completely oblivious.

And for the record, I was only aware of the NeoTF sub-MOD (and the 2fort Hell -Take 2-) for about a week, and aware of the scoring of the server for less than that.)

And if scoring means nothing, why exactly do you have those stats up consuming those cycles, HD space, and bandwidth?

Oh well, I think I might be ready to uninstall HL again (I've done that an uncountable amount of times). I left CS when there were so many cheaters that it seemed impossible to play on a server without one. Now that OGC came out with TFC compatibility, I'm thinking HL just doesn't have much of a future anymore when it comes to online gaming (no new thought process there).
Trinder
noobeh
noobeh

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Mar 27, 2002 7:08 pm

Stats, they take no resources. The database sits on a dual 1ghz PIII box with a gig of ram, doesn't even register. It's a perk for the clans I host servers for. Check the servers link, I've got 30 of em. People enjoy it, so I offer it as part of the hosting packages.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:17 am

I'll be setting up stats on my new box when it arrives. Should be able to make it work with DMC with little trouble. Now what I wanna' know is how the hell you allocate ram in Linux and then access it without seg faulting... ah, the good ol' seg faults from DOS!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum