Uh oh... (ogc7.4 + admin-mod = bad news)

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby t1mk1ll » Sat Mar 16, 2002 5:09 pm

cool i just reinstalled unreal tourney last night...flawless game. if only valve spent the care and time on the half-life engine as epic did on unreal how much better off we would be!
t1mk1ll
Spammer
Spammer

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:33 pm

Yeah, *seph's a fag* only had like, four patches and Unreal had only three or four. See the problem with HL is that it was originally based on the Quake I engine, a DOS, ANCIENT engine. When Q2 rolled around they used a ton of code from it as well. Now they added their own code. This is the recipe for problems. Three different engines in one! They seem to be fixing a lot of the bugs though, so maybe (one millenium), we'll finally get a flawless HL engine.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby t1mk1ll » Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:43 pm

ya who knows maybe with this new patch coming up they'll shock us all!
t1mk1ll
Spammer
Spammer

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:18 am

I seem to recall you telling me that unreal originally sucked ass, and required a rather large number of patches prior to it's "godly" state it is now in...

more than "three or four" patches seph...it seems you never say the same number twice?

actually wasn't it five patches total? granted it doesn't seem like much, compaired to HL, but that is still a large number of patches...Unreal was a hell of alot more buggy unpatched than HL ever was...but one thing for unreal... they didn't cause more problems when making patches...it's no longer buggy...just boring [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:04 am

Never played DoD. By the time it got going I had already migrated to the Unreal/*seph's a fag* games. Of course at the time it was due to the amazing frames and poly counts compared to every other engine, and not the hacks/cheats.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:29 pm

Reality check here. When I first got HL (I believe it was before TFC was even on the cd), it ran perfectly on my celeron 350 with a tnt2. When I first picked up Unreal (after 3 years of development, and still should've waited another few months... at release it was shit) the max pc you'd find in the average house was a PII, around 233mhz. I can't say celerons were even around in full swing at the time, if at all. Hell, the K6-2's were very popular at the time (just to date that period of pc evolution). And it ran like one legged man in knee deep shit on a K6-2.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sun Mar 17, 2002 3:19 pm

The processor support came in the final two patches. Besides, the K6-2's were almost as bad as Cryix's.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Mar 17, 2002 3:48 pm

I know, I was just dating the release of Unreal. What was it... 95? Were the celerons even around then?
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FUBAR the Freak » Sun Mar 17, 2002 5:01 pm

Ah, all this technical mumbo-jumbo (Of course that mumbo-jumbo allows me to play these games, heh). Of course DOD has its share of hacks, almost every game does. But compare it to CS... no competition there. If DOD ever becomes extremely popular, then you will see the hacks flow like they do for CS... and that is about the time I migrate to another game [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I have never played *seph's a fag*, Quake 3 (Except for arena demo), or much of any games hosted by OESM... they any good?
FUBAR the Freak
Spammer
Spammer

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Sun Mar 17, 2002 11:05 pm

Dave, to answer your question, I purchased Unreal the DAY it came out...freaking store even had it priced wrong... I forgot what game's label was listed, but I saved $10...hehe not bad...not bad...

anyway, I had my comp for about 6 months-a year at the time...p 166 MMX, with a Diamond Stealth 2000... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] man that card kicked ass, but anyway, my sister had a celeron at the time...I remember cause I commented many times on it (I was new to comps, and assumed anything with more MHZ was better...glad I never tried Cyrix...lol)

Cels were out...but not very old...either that, or my lack of drug use has screwed with my memory...

Seph...you are forgetting one hell of a software company...I have yet to see a release that wasn't playable upon release...very few patches...(and those patches are mostly for their updated multiplayer software...) Of course I am talking about BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT...and battle.net...man do I love those blizzard games...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:26 am

Wrong, HL was unplayable on a wide range of machines when it was originally released (1.0.0.5?). Now, Unreal was playable on all machines, minus Celerons due to the stripped multimedia components, but the AI and graphics/audio engines needed SERIOUS tune-ups. The graphics engine came first, geared towards OpenGL and Glide, since D3D is really software with minor hardware accel. Next came that kick-ass audio system they've got. Finally they fixed the AI that (in my opinion) was VERY Doom-like, with no teamwork or brains at all. The final version (Unreal Gold) incorporated seperate systems for AMD, Celeron, and Intel P(x) processors, making it extremely stable and fast on any system.

This was done in four patches, I just checked. There was a fifth patch but it wasn't a "game" patch. Apparently on some systems the UG installer would make the links to their site on your start menu invalid, and this just fixes the start menu links. Now if Valve had stuck to the Q1 or the Q2 engine alone, they wouldn't have so many damn patches, but come on, you're mixing three fraggin' engines here. Granted, it is awesome that they pulled it off, but the results speak for themselves. Hey, Hexen only had ONE patch. Right now id/Raven and Infogrames/GT are the best two damn teams I know of for gaming. Heck I think Heretic II only had ONE patch, and you know how big and bad-ass that engine was!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:35 pm

Yeah Blizzard only had to release patches for those gay-azz trainers. Blizzard is good as well.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby FUBAR the Freak » Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:20 am

Hackers are not that bad there... of course we are relating those games to first person shooters... lil difference.

Warcraft 3 look any good?
FUBAR the Freak
Spammer
Spammer

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:29 am

ANYONE who cheats is a little f#ck-nut...and should be dragged out into the street, raped by ru-paul (while being filmed) and then shown the video over and over and over...

and there is a difference between RTS/Adventure games and FPS, I seem to recall their being alot more cheaters in Diablo alone..than I have ever seen in TFC...

War3 looks awesome...but will it EVER come out...starting to look like a Duke Nukem Forever rip off...if yaknowwhatImean...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby DeSyPhUr » Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:12 pm

Well Seph just to let you know I DL *seph's a fag* last night and will be putting *daddy's penis* into my new agenda. Im pretty much vomiting everytime I play CS due to haxorz so Im gonna try something new, a replacement CS you can say. Ill probably be on *daddy's penis* in the next few days. I dont relly know how it works but if they have server IP's then let me get the IP's you play at so I can play against bad asses to start, cause thats the only way to get good.
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

PreviousNext

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum