OESM links and FTP

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

OESM links and FTP

Postby [CD]MadMan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 2:01 pm

I have been having problems accessing some of the oesm links(mind works), and FTP access to tfc3, 5, etc....

Rim is helping with my web site and has created some graphics for me but I can't get them...darn..

Also I want to change passwords in my server.cfg file but dont seem to be able to get at those as well....

Help....
[CD]MadMan
purple nurple
purple nurple

OESM links and FTP

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Mar 08, 2002 2:57 pm

With the problems we've had with the Louisville server, we've also had problems with DNS, as that server runs our primary DNS as well. We have a secondary DNS in Dallas, but my registrar took it's own sweet time getting it registered. It's up now and running, hence you can type in www.oesm.org and get here now. If you have any problems beyond that, let me know and we'll get them worked out.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

OESM links and FTP

Postby [CD]MadMan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:53 pm

ftp and the links are still not working....I know you have your hands full with the server problems, but just wanted to mention it.

On the bad server...is that a coh server box.
[CD]MadMan
purple nurple
purple nurple

OESM links and FTP

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:02 pm

All the links work for me. If you're using win2k or XP (maybe ME, not sure) open a dos prompt. In it, type the following in order

nslookup
set type=any
oesm.org

Now, it should show 2 nameservers, both ns.oesm.org and ns3.oesm.org. If it doesn't show ns3.oesm.org then your ISP hasn't updated their DNS records and you should just give it another day. If it's not updated tomorrow, call em and tell them they've got really old dns cache and it needs purged (actually had to do this with an old ISP of mine...).

As for the box, it's one of the dual 1ghz boxes. I had 2 here at the same time being setup, one was your's, one wasn't. I'll know when I get it back if it's your's, as there'll be an ergodics sticker on it.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

OESM links and FTP

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:11 am

Let me know when youd ecide to junk that box DLink! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum