new csgaurd

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

new csgaurd

Postby Supafly » Tue Mar 05, 2002 5:33 am

My friend who is a major in computer science, went and tried out the latest and greatest OGC hack to see what all the rave is about, after he played with it for about an hour, he downloaded csgaurd, and began editing work on it, making it better, and he says hes going to dedicate time to finding the latest ogc and other more popular hacks as they come out, and write csgaurd to catch them. Hes not just making a plugin, hes re-writing csgaurd. He already wrote it to catch the latest OGC, then had his friend on LAN create a dedicated server running his version of csgaurd, and put some bots in the game. Then my friend who wrote the modified csgaurd went in with a different copy of OGC, supposedly the same version, i'm not sure what it was, but it wasnt the same he programmed it around, and he tried one hack at a time. He went in and turned on white walls, banned. After everytime he got banned, his friend unbanned him. He then went back in and turned on anti-recoil, then got banned the next second. Went back in, turned on wallhack, then, well from then on you get the idea. The point is, so far he has written a verion of csgaurd that catches the latest hacks, and catches them MUCH faster. I mean, these days the latest csgaurd plugin catches hackers at least 5 rounds into them playing! I am asking him to install this version of csgaurd on the OESM-CS server (216.185.105.17:27015) and we'll see how much more it catches. It should be totally ready by middle of next week. If you want this version, just e-mail or AIM me, supafly@oesm.org, SupaflyAU. later
Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

new csgaurd

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:51 am

Catching wallhackers is easy. If you come around a corner and get greeted by a rock or two with the guy running and aiming at you, he somehow KNEW you were around there. Simple, no? As for the rest I have only had one or two hackers in DMC thus far. Seems the cheaters stick to CS or TF1.5 for some reason. Oh wait I know, see it takes a whole new level of skill to do DMC since you don't have your homo-butt-buddy at yoru side to cover your back 24/7. NO offense to you CS/TF guys as I love Infiltration and played CS avidly until Valve took over and ruined it. The same can be said for TFC, but NOT TF1.5. Guess OGC isn't the shit without another OGC user to back you up. I mean, without headshots being one-shot-one-kill, OGC is useless aside from the wallhacks!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

new csgaurd

Postby Axiom » Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:13 pm

So that's why dave, a guy who hasnt touched either game in almost a year handed several of your clanmates their ass?

Your whole "dm takes a higher level of skill" excuse is bogus. Sorry man, it doesnt take alot of skill to run around being a rocket whore.

Remember...I used to wipe the floor with you in q2? I didn't have any skill. I just had good aim.

TFC/CS takes teamwork. Call it having a buttbuddy if you want, but playing for yourself means nothing when you can't work with 8 other people.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

new csgaurd

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:29 pm

Mmm... rocket whores.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

new csgaurd

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:35 pm

On a serious note, there's a clear reason for increased cheating in some mods but not others. The more popular a game/mod is, the more people play. With more people, a better chance at a shallow gene pool player is going to come screw things up for you. CS has more cheaters than TFC, which has more than DMC. See the pattern?

Same thing (to a certain extent... give us a pure server cvar damnit!) why HL mods have more cheating than other games. Live stats as of right now:

Half Life
18901 servers, 64357 players

Unreal Tournament
3244 servers, 4503 players

Quake 3: Arena
3092 servers, 4350 players

Return to Castle Wolfenstein
1015 servers, 4047 players

More people means more likely hood of the rampant asshole.

Now, back to why TFC has more cheating than DMC, and CS has more than TFC:

cstrike
15837 servers, 57168 players

tfc
1469 servers, 3006 players

Unfortunately, DMC isn't even on the list. Hell, even the gay ass Dragonmodz is listed with 20 servers and 62 players online, but nothing for DMC.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

new csgaurd

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:53 pm

Hate to break it to you but you need to install *seph's a fag* and check the server/player count (=. Unlike HL and Q3A, *seph's a fag* has a nice option to block advertisement of the server so GameSpy and other such apps can't tell there's a server up! This keeps bandwidth more clear due to not being polled by 5gazillion apps trying to display your game to the public. HL has just been put back in it's place.

18904 Half-Life (wow they gained three!)
23401 *seph's a fag*

I don't even need to look at Q3 since I don't like it. RTCW should be getting bigger as more people get it though. The game PWNZ!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

new csgaurd

Postby FUBAR the Freak » Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:12 pm

LoL, CS numbers are amazing. I grew tired of the game, less variability, same old stuff (Along with the rampant hacking). I played the free version of Q3 Arena and it was entertaining, but oh man did I suck at it!

I see the ultimate game as being exactly like DOD v2; gameplay, weapons, hits to death (Fix the damn infantry rifles though), HOWEVER, make the maps randomly generated. Say, you have hundreds upon hundreds of formations, buildings, and whatnot placed randomly creating towns, destroyed towns, skirmish fields, and so on. THAT way you finally have a game which there are not definite spots that everybody knows about. The randomness would make every single game so diverse that it is not pre-programmed knowledge of what to do.

As you all know, I am a dumbass when it comes to programming and other assorted subjects, so I can only imagine how long that would take, or am I mistaken? I know Q3 is primarily mass killing, so this viewpoint is that of strategic first person shooting games. I would be way too addicted to a game like that though. The maps on DOD currently are very nice, do not get me wrong, and gameplay does vary. Still, random map generation would be fantastic, like every battle was your first.

Any comments other than, "In your dreams idiot?"

What games do you guys play? I know DLink said he plays on some TFC, how about the rest of you?

-|NFK|-FUBAR
FUBAR the Freak
Spammer
Spammer

new csgaurd

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Wed Mar 06, 2002 7:31 am

Random maps aren't hard at all. Look at Diablo. The only tricky part would be making a random map that has been vis'd and lit. You could do this in Unreal due to the fact that no compilation is needed, but Quake Engines need CSG, BSP, VIS and RAD programs run on them to work good. That's where the trouble would lie.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

new csgaurd

Postby FUBAR the Freak » Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:42 am

Well when you look at Diablo 2 it is much more simplisitc, areas bounded by simple little walls, everything squared off. Creating a bombed and destroyed city with random buildings, holding random rooms, random sniping cracks, random areas to blow holes in, random stairs, surrounding by more of these random buildings; churches, downtown areas, along with torn down buildings, different paths to go, objects that are logical. I doubt that is as simple as the D2 layout; pieces of grass here and there with a path leading to the next area with random straight walls bounding the area.
FUBAR the Freak
Spammer
Spammer

new csgaurd

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Wed Mar 06, 2002 4:20 pm

Wrong, you have to think of it from the programing angle. I can EASILY write a small app to randomly make bsp files, but you'd still need to optimize and light them or it'd be shitty.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

new csgaurd

Postby FUBAR the Freak » Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:10 pm

Sweet, go make it then! LoL.

Why hasn't anybody done it though? I do not think it would destroy gameplay or anything negative like that. DOD is still a great game.
FUBAR the Freak
Spammer
Spammer

new csgaurd

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:38 pm

It won't "destroy" gameplay, but do this. Start WC, get the RMF or MAP to a nice mid-sized (or big) BSP. Run CSG and BSP on it, but do NOT run VIS or RAD on it. Even on HUGE machines you'll be around 20fps. On the average machine right now, you'd not be able to play. Being that the programs are C/C++ and not ASM, it could take up to eight hours to compile a map fully! You going to wait around eight hours while a random map compiles?
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

new csgaurd

Postby FUBAR the Freak » Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:50 pm

Wow, lol. They will figure something out as I dwell with ignorance in this subject. Half those thiings you just said... right over my head, lol.
FUBAR the Freak
Spammer
Spammer

new csgaurd

Postby DeSyPhUr » Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:24 pm

seph you cease to amaze me at always involving *seph's a fag* in every post...LOL keep it up its entertaining. Someday i will play *seph's a fag* but as of now ill stik to where I pwn, ala CS, &($$^#*& hackers i can live around them, plus they are fun to slap and llama.
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

new csgaurd

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:52 am

I have managed to convert 47 people to *daddy's penis* from CS, and I am working on 48. God only knows how many I have had go to CTF from TF1.5 and never look back. Face it, the engine candisplay and render the most polygons out there right now. Of course Unreal2 will be out shortly and it can do something like the max "unsigned long" var type in 32bit. Let me look it up in my Borland help...

unsigned long 32 0 to 4,294,967,295

Pasted straight from my help file. Who want to render a bit too many polygons and maintane good frames?! God that game's gonna' be like sex if you have a P4 and a nice GF4!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Next

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum