Notice from an Administrator

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby Axiom » Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:08 am

I am done reading posts about how valve sucks or half life is super buggy. Post another one, I will delete it, simple as that.

Everyone who reads these forums who have been playing tfc/cs/dod or any of the other mods for any amount of time realizes that there are bugs in the system. There are bugs in every system.

So find something else to bitch about.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Sat Mar 02, 2002 2:49 pm

let's bitch about bitching...ever notice how everyone bitches about something? well I wish they'd stop bitching about it... can't we all just get along? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] hehe...

sorry...had to do it...

hey nasty.. how about ammending your post to include "if you mention how a certain game is better than HL in frames, coding, etc...that the post'll be deleted..." maybe that'll shut up a certain someone in real life... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] LOL
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sat Mar 02, 2002 2:57 pm

I don't give a flying fuck. Valve has just FUCKED MY GODDAMN MACHINE UP! I uninstalled the full SDK because it was in a Language that is compiler-specific in many MANY ways. I load WC to edit my map 30min before work and guess what? "File not found." I try different maps with the same results. I load explorer and guess what? That fucking SDK also removed the Half-Life directory and EVERYTHING under it! Now I have these LOVELY registry entries that are all useless, as well as not being able to remove the crap from my uninstall window! First fucking thing Monday I am calling a lawyer. Fucking with a good engine is one thing. Fucking with a user's machine is entirely different, and they're asses are going to PAY. I never realized how very LITTLE skill they had until now. FUCK YOU VALVE!!!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby Axiom » Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:20 pm

heh

guess next time you will think before you install an SDK that is almost 6 years old [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] .

But seriously, that does suck. Guess you will be reinstalling HL or reinstalling windows.

Frost, no. I won't delete a post if it says a game is better than another one. Simple fact is if someone thinks a game is better than another one, that's ok. But I have grown tired of reading "valve sucks". Maybe next yime you will read every little dialogue window that pops up.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:12 pm

Nasty...I was joking...I agree that the "valve sucks" post seems to be the most common post in these forums...especially by a certain someone...

but I was making a joke at sephs expense...and I do read every dialog that pops up [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Seph...you can't do shit.. YOU installed the SDK... YOU chose to delete it... Mayhaps user error, or mayhaps the install program assumed you would want to delete the entire HL directory when you deleted SDK...granted a choice would be nice, but I'm finding alot of programs don't give you a choice in what they install or uninstall in addition to the program you were trying to (un)install... TurboTax installs AOL icons and programs out the ass...

Seph, you can uninstall those registry keys EASY... as for the programs listings in the add/remove programs menu...well that's childs play...on ANY version of windows...just ask me how...

and back to my first point...you are way too quick to say you're gonna sue... especially when you don't have grounds...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sun Mar 03, 2002 12:08 am

Oh Frosty boy, you should see the appologetic email I recieved [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . Seems Sierra is still the great company I have come to lvoe based on storylines and solid games (LoM had one patch, and the SE had none. LoTR2 had none). They are getting a full key list and file list for me. I already deleted the uninstall keys. I also found a few under the Sierra main keys. Now for the rest and for files installed to places aside from /HL.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum