Postby DeSyPhUr » Thu Feb 28, 2002 3:11 am

her enjoy this comic if youve never seen it before

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=1999-12-15&res=l
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Seph this is for you

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:58 am

Old news, but I view them in high-res. Q3A has ruined the Quake name. Even Nasty agrees with that. Quake IV should restore it though, picking up where Q2 left off with a nice storyline, tons of baddies, and multiplayer. Raven is developing it. I think it may use part of the Doom3 engine, but am not sure.

Anyways my point was that a lot of old-school Quakers hate Q3A. No real storyline, dumbass AI, but the graphics WERE great for a Quake engine. The models rocked too! The weapons sucked though. Hey Nasty, how 'bout that railgun [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ?!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Seph this is for you

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:15 am

Who the hell cares about a storyline? It's primary function is an online game where you play against others. It's an arena to fight people, period (check out how I used part of it's name there!).
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seph this is for you

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:04 pm

I'll be the first one to agree that the physics in Quake 3 blow ass. But it was billed from the beginning as an online multiplayer game. To be disappointed at the lack of a story led single player aspect just means a person expected something that id never even claimed it would be.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seph this is for you

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Feb 28, 2002 9:03 pm

Q3A ai is nothing. Put the *daddy's penis* bots on anyt6hing above setting 5 (of like 16) and you cannot win. I beat Q3A way back before I ever even moved out. The ai is GOOD, but it just doesn't stack up to my skill the way *seph's a fag* does. The Q3A is about the same as Unreal ai in my opinion, which is awesome, but not a challenge any more.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Seph this is for you

Postby Axiom » Fri Mar 01, 2002 1:47 am

ok dave,

problems with gameplay.

railgun takes too long to reload. course, there are those who got used to it, so it's not a problem. I used to be a huge rail whore...so naturally, the first thing I run for is a railgun. Too bad it's reload sucks.

the physics of the engine sucked.

the ai wasn't dumb. infact, if you play any of the bot's higher than tier 2, you will find them insanely hard. Klesk never misses a rail shot once he gets one. Seeing as how I doubt you got that far seph, you have no basis of your claim. *seph's a fag* ai in my opinion is pretty low compared to some things that are out today. Yes, I have played *seph's a fag* at all levels.

Storyline. Well, im an old-school quake guy. Played all three so far. I own all three. Yeah, I paid for them. I still have my old configs for all of them. The whole thing about story-line is I like to have a single player version of the game along with the multi-player. It's not a requirement, but the way q3a was released was pretty much this.

Designers of the game decided they were done. Release game to a community that is losing interest in quake2. The quake2 community has pretty much given life to q2 because id opensourced it to allow mod development. Mod development is what made q2 popular, so they figure, let's release an incomplete game and pray that mod developers pick it up and run with it. Now we have ra3(awesome game), q3ctf(thankfully, it was included, otherwise, q3a may have died out quickly) and some team fortress type games. All of which have helped to keep q3 in the thick of battle between online games. It can't knock over cs because, well let's face it, pure servers that don't allow cheats dont really appeal to the children that play cs.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seph this is for you

Postby Supafly » Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:41 pm

lol the fridge and god lol
Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

Seph this is for you

Postby Supafly » Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:42 pm

sig test
Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

Seph this is for you

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:28 pm

Hey Nasty, Crow's on and I'm setting up a Q2 server.
*pets you for not being on at the right time*
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum