OK I got a haxors wonid...

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby DeSyPhUr » Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:43 am

Now what? I went into a server and a [myg0t] was there. He had 124 kills and i watched him run silently and autoaim and autoheadshot people through walls. All this in a CSGuard server too. So once again fuck CSGuard. Well here is his wonid. I dont know what to do with it but someone else might have fun reporting his sorry gay ass.

[myg0t]NoFriends 818872

-DeSy
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby FUBAR the Freak » Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:26 pm

Hackers will be there and they always will be. There is new hope with this upcoming Halflife Patch, but I would not get your hopes up too high. Somehow, someway hackers will get around the system; losers.

Hell, you look at some of these posts the OESM guys make, they know a whole shitload of info, so you wonder if they should be on the Valve team instead of some halfassed programmer, LoL!

I say just live with it or quit CS. That game has the most hackers I had ever seen, that is why I left it and migrated back to TFC. Now where is that TF2?? A rumor?? Heh, who knows...

-|NFK|-FUBAR
FUBAR the Freak
Spammer
Spammer

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:53 pm

If a few of the guys I know were on the valve team, HL wouldn't fucking suck, it would be next to impossible to cheat due to DYNAMIC memory allocation, and the game would basically be nearly as awesome as Unreal with netcode. Oh and I shouldn't say HL sucks, just the tons of bugs [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Mar 02, 2002 12:36 am

The cheats spreading around now don't require knowledge of where in memory the HL client is loaded.

Wallhacks - The HL engine has a gay way of drawing player models, even if they're not visible. If someone's on the other side of a wall, your client draws that player. So use some form of graphics manipulation to make the wall transparent, and boom... there's that player model. No need to get a hex address of the memory space in use.

Autoaim - Another useless feature of HL. The Mod (be it CS, or TFC, etc) knows EXACTLY where every player is. It tells the HL engine this info. The cheat sits inbetween the mod and engine and presto, it knows exactly where you are and can tell your cursor to point there. Nothing visual (ie. no custom models with odd colors needed). Yet again, no need to know where in memory the HL client is loaded.

Both of these have what would appear to be an easy fix. Don't draw models you can't see, and the mod does NOT need to know exactly where the player is. Make it approximate and the aimbot no longer has exact positional data to reference.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FUBAR the Freak » Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:14 am

Well... some of that is foreign language, but may I suggest massing as one and give them a taste of what they are missing?

Hell, even if you don't get credit, it makes it a lot easier on those of us who just want to play. Newbs calling "Hacker" 24/7 can be annoying at times. Whatever you decide to do, glad there is someone who knows what they are doing.

-|NFK|-FUBAR
FUBAR the Freak
Spammer
Spammer

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sat Mar 02, 2002 7:13 am

The aimbot would be fixed with dynamic memory allocation. Since the variable locational data would change memory spots each time the maps changed, it would take time to "re-find" the data. It COULD be done, but who wants to spend 20min finding a var for 10min of cheating?

As for the models thing, I know. I was going through the code last night and noticed that a fuckload was excluded from z-buffering. Models were top on the list. Now why on EARTH did valve do this? Z-buffering vastly improves frames, and unless you're a total moron, you can even have it clip polygons for you. Heck even if they didn't want to chop a player model in half as he is only half visible, they could at least not draw the model when it is totally out of sight. I chop models on my engine all to hell if necessary. It looks nice and keeps my frames up though.

Oh and I found another minor "hack" that valve built into the engine! Remember the two lovely modes from WC? You can access them in Half-Life if you start the game in developer mode. r_drawflat is the flat polygons (huge frames increase, no textures). I won't tell you exactly how to enable it here, because some idiot would be using it. I'm not even mentioning the line mode because that is an exact replica of the wallhack bs. DLink you can message me and I'll tell you how to do these two hacks, and maybe you can figure out a way to stop them.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby DeSyPhUr » Sat Mar 02, 2002 6:29 pm

i soo hate haxors its not even funny anymore. I love CS though so ill just put up with it. But that doesnt change my feelings on a haxor.
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Mar 02, 2002 6:41 pm

Seph, did you even read what I wrote? The aimbots you find in use today do NOT rely on any form of memory mapping. They simply get positional info on the other players (player X is at 34,654,92 on the map) and direct your crosshairs there.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sun Mar 03, 2002 12:16 am

Oh so they intercept the TCP layer of the IP packets, disassemble them, read them, reassemble them, and forward them to the game? I wanna' know how you catch that without forcing the user to install software that detects the packets entire route from server to client or vice-versa.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Mar 03, 2002 12:44 am

Lol, re-read my post. It's done while on your pc. The mechanism used for mods to interface with the engine. It wedges itself in between the two.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Mar 03, 2002 2:57 am

That's how the old aimbots worked. The old proxy bots a year back. They intercepted your mouse commands, looked for the custom models (say, with bright red heads) and stuck your mouse to that painted area. This was easy for anticheats to detect or get around, and the newer more devious ways have sprung up.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sun Mar 03, 2002 1:53 pm

Bah, if anybody had half a f*cking brain, they would write a small app that simply intercepts TCP/IP packets and modifies them to their needs. If they used dynamic memory allocation and hid the window from view (and task processes), it would be undetectable and VERY powerful.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum