Championship ----------woooooooooooot

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby [OESM]Rimuladas » Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:30 pm

Monday night Jell-() plays Zt. for the PFL 1a championship.

Wooot. Ill make sure to kill a few for the fellow OESM'rs
[OESM]Rimuladas
purple nurple
purple nurple

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Mon Feb 04, 2002 11:31 pm

Good luck tonight Rim. AND FRAGGIN' MESSAGE ME ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, EH?!

-Seph
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby Supafly » Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:21 am

AND JELL WINS IT!!! GO JELL
Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Feb 05, 2002 8:57 am

That's Jell-() you ninny!
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Rimuladas » Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:55 pm

Mission Statement:
"Jello Shooters are group of class-act gamers striving to have fun at a high competitive level in TFC"
That basically summed up what we were about. Playing this game with respect and honour, have loads of fun doing it, and play against some of the best clans that TFC has been able to put together.

In less then a year, the Shooters were able to build a clan starting from a council of 4 people (Refiners Fire, Jeb-I-Night, Stimpy, and Kid Lupus), recruited players that were relative unknowns amongst the masses, and were able to work very well as a team. We didn’t recruit the ‘big name’ players because we were very big on making friends in this game, rather then renting an ‘pwnage’ player for a couple months. Even during our final match we still had many players that surprised those who watched with their ability to play this game we have all come to enjoy. We won and lost as a team, and did it as graciously as possible.

Something that we are very proud of is that during our year in this game, we have only had 3 players out of 27+ full-time members of Jell-() leave for other clans. That is something that amazes me in this day in age of TFC where players can have little loyalty to their clans.

DKStrike summed it up best in one of his posts on our private msg board.
Some guy from some old clan I was in pmed me after we won and quit. Though usually not inclined to give me the word of day, suddenly he was quite interested in my goings on.

So he asked me, "Why did you guys quit?"

And the answer I gave him was better than he deserved, because it's the same as I'm giving now:

We had fun.
We won our goals.
We beat the best.
We finished our purpose.

These are the things we didn't do:

Never cheated.
Never turtled.
Never made a TOTAL ass of ourselves (came close serveral times)
Never had an ego bigger than a MIRV
Never insulted a newbie clan.
Never shrank from a fight with a big one.
Never won EVERY goddamned game (not TOO perfect )
Never had an ominous, menacing, testosterone-laden clan name
Never forgot our friends
Never forgot it was just a game (well. . .)

In short, I think we all achieved everything we ever wanted in a clan and did it RIGHT.

Nothing last forever. We were all getting burnt out. I've seen it before. I think we found the perfect place to stop. Life changes, and sometimes you have to take the exit.

These players all wore the Jell-() tag with pride
Active players: Refiners Fire, Trep, Dr., BlueGuy, Rimuladas, DKStrike, FlipZ, Zslick, slimr, NSA, Cain, K2, BridgeIsUnguarded
Inactive/Retired: Jeb-I-Night, Keymaster, Jodokast, KidLupus, Stimpy, Hottknikkels, Bucho, Killer_Elmo, fish, ToAd, KingFish
Former members: QuickSilver, Stiletto, MadHatter

The Jello Shooters wish everyone the best of luck in the future. This is an awesome game, with a great community to back it up.
Good game, and good luck.
[OESM]Rimuladas
purple nurple
purple nurple

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:48 pm

Rim, wtf is "turtling"? The rest of your post I understand but is that some new hack in TF like where the spy buried himself in 1100?

And after reading all that, it kinda' made me realize how awesome my guys are. Yeah even the ones who make better shields than fighters [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] , but they're all loyal and give it their best. Well all except for that lazy freak [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Frost [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ! J/K Frosty, lol!

Hey Rim, if you guys wanna' drop by sometime feel free. It'd be nice to get up with some skilled players who don't cheat. Most of what I get are either people who are OBVIOUSLY using aimbot/scripts, or total newbies who get killed twice and quit.

-[DHTA]Sephiroth
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Feb 07, 2002 6:16 pm

Turtling - getting a lead then falling back to all defense to defend that lead through the end of the match.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Axiom » Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:10 pm

<DaveBot> CNBL: (n) The Act of going all defense after one cap; The act of pulling offense back to defense when your flag is touched; See also: Turtling.

I havnt been on gamesnet in a while, so I had no idea the shooters hung it up. Great group of guys. Most of them are scholars even.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:38 pm

Lol, nice definition Nasty! I always referred to that as being a bunch of pu$$ie$. Thanks for giving me a shorter term to yell out if I ever run across that in *seph's a fag*/CTF.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum