Question

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Question

Postby DLinkOZ » Mon Jan 14, 2002 4:43 pm

Where's a good source for RTQW server crap? I'd like to get one setup and see how badly it hammers my boxes.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Question

Postby DLinkOZ » Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:42 pm

Ok, it's all set except for one tiny thing... I need all the pak files to make it run. Anyone willing to send me about, oh say, 400mb worth of pak files from their cd?!?!?!
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Question

Postby RackDaddy » Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:15 am

I haven't seen a single excellent review for RtCW yet. I'm keeping my money saved up for Medal of Honor. Would be interested to see if you could get THAT setup.
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

Question

Postby Supafly » Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:54 am

i played the medal of honor demo. its LOOKS great, but the gameplay is slow, and limited classes. either sniper, rockter launcer, light infantry, rifle man, or shotgun.
Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

Question

Postby RackDaddy » Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:52 am

I tried the RtCW demo and got the same feeling. Personally I really don't think they can do much to improve on TFC (or CS for you CS people). Seems the keyword for new games is "realism". You can only be realistic to a point; video games aren't always suppose to be realistic, they're suppose to be fun.

Even with my monitor brightness maxed out, I could barely make out the enemies in RtCW. I'm certain that these kinds of poor conditions would be ideal environments for real conflicts, but we're talking about a video game where I want to actually see whats assaulting me. Whenever they worry that much about the environment they leave out gameplay, variation, etc.

Everyone knows that receiving four direct hits from a rocket launcher isn't realistic.. but if we wanted complete realism we wouldn't be sitting infront of our computers playing games, we'd be enlisting to join the Army.
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

Question

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:59 am

Yeah, I like shooting with one rocket and watching people explode or get thrown back and die in *seph's a fag*. Although I have to admit, juggling like in DMC/TF/<game name> is a lot of fun. I mean here's this sap who's bouncing around, shooting wildly and taking rockets galore but slowly dying due to having a ton of armor. That's GOTTA' piss people off!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Question

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:59 am

Damnm rack..your brightness sucks...I have my brightnes on my monitor turned about half way...and RTCW looks great...not too dark, not too bright...

As for RTCW as a game...it's great, though the multiplayer is lacking...cause, if I'm not mistaken, they released the beta multiplayer with the full version...ready to patch the hell out of it after it's release...(a mindset of the software industry that really pisses me off)...

I think RTCW is a good game (AVP2 is better... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] )
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Question

Postby RackDaddy » Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:53 am

Maybe it was the map I was playing, I dunno. To be honest, I played it for about 10 minutes and deleted it. I'm so used to TFC that it's hard for me to get into anything else.

Valve better be glad no other multiplayer game has come out to actually compete against TFC/CS. It's probably the only reason why it's still around. Hopefully RtCW and MOH will push TFC/CS into the ground and force Valve to get off their asses to finish TFC II.
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

Question

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:29 am

actually, a TF mod for the Redfaction game would be cool...with that Geomod engine, you could create your own paths to the flag in a clan match..hehe...or make it impossible to get to the flag...that'd be cool, but alas, I doubt there will be many, if any, tf mods in the future...least any that are worth a shit...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Question

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:25 pm

Yeah, I have an old Tandy VGM-390 15" monitor that ius brighter than most 17" monitors! Go Tandy!! Hell, my Tandy 586SX still runs, with a whopping 8mb of ram! Anyways *seph's a fag* TFC puts HL's to shame. I think the reason that most games take up so much more bandwidth online than *seph's a fag* is due to the fact that the common mindset is to release something buggy then patch as you go. *seph's a fag* was fully patched like six months after it's release, and HL still gets patches. WTF is up with that valve?! BTW I'd like to see a Red Faction or AVP2 CTF/TFC mod. That would pwn. Especially with the three classes already in AVP2, MAN! Play an alien to steal the flag, haha!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Question

Postby Axiom » Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:33 am

or maybe your monitor blows huge chunks.

back when I had my hp, the monitor it came with was super dark. I thought it was the game. I was incorrect. Wasnt my video card either. I plugged my new monitor into it and wow, it's all bright and shit.

Don't blame the game.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Question

Postby RackDaddy » Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:04 pm

I've had this monitor for a few years, and have never had a problem with it before. It only causes problems of darkness with RtCW, so I'm wrong to assume that it's the game? I can max my brightness and see everything great; and then be blinded when I exit back to Windows.
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

Question

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:40 pm

You seem to be the ONLY person I know who has this problem...I never touched my brightness to play it...It's not a dark game...in fact some levels were rather bright...mayhaps the gamma in game was set really low...you know how to set that? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Question

Postby RackDaddy » Thu Jan 17, 2002 3:26 pm

Yes, I do. And to answer your next question, I know how to turn my monitor on, too. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

Question

Postby [OESM]Rimuladas » Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:14 pm

RTCW is awsome. Lots of tfc clans are going to it

[FoOM] and |SD| for a few.

Anyways, just msg me and ill burn a cd with the pak files on it and mail it to ya.
[OESM]Rimuladas
purple nurple
purple nurple

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum