Loader.dll

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Loader.dll

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:16 am

Sorry, but no game can boast sub 200 pings for dialup users if they can't actually ping it with icmp packets under 200ms... and most just can't. If someone pings (icmp) a server at 250, and gets sub 200 in-game, then that game is grossly miscommunicating latency to the players.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Loader.dll

Postby RackDaddy » Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:57 am

I'm not defending Ghetto since I haven't really followed the thread. But I don't think he hacks because he's currently ranked 3646 (probably out of like 5000). He's got 123 kills and 165 deaths.

If he hacks to get a score like that, then thats sad in itself.
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

Loader.dll

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:59 am

DLink where the hell were you when I was posting screenshots of that shit?! The packet size for Unreal is what makes it so f*cking awesome! If yout weak the Unreal settings, which is MUCH more tweakable than on HL, you can even get them smaller at the expense of slightly more CPU usage! Man I have to try to find those old screenshots and send you.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Loader.dll

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:21 pm

(and the ping pong match continues)

Seph, I have to agree with Dlink...I seem to recall when I played you and CRASHED unreal to the point it wouldn't run anymore (running one of your maps btw) I was well about 200ms ping...

If you have a screenshot of sub 200ms either they are not telling you they are on broadband, or unreal doesn't calculate latency properly...Seph...You yourself said the unreal engine sucked, until it patched it several times (though HL was patched ALOT more)...seph, I had a bad memory chip, but don't use my word out of context, which you are doing right now...that crash had absolutely NOTHING to do with the bad RAM...that crash was due to unreals inability to properly use the VooDoo 3 AGP card I had at the time (one of the first releases on Unreal, prior to it's final patch)...you YOURSELF stated that nick, your friend and neighbor, had the EXACT same problem that I had, and you had to completely remove unreal and reinstall it to get it to run again...all cause by picking up a single gun in the game...I think that that was the biggest bug, and pain in the ass, that I have experienced due to POOR programming...I have played ALOT of games, I have used every version of Windows (though 98SE was damn close to being the biggest piece of shit I have ever used)...

And, when have you used Win Me, or XP? Don't count the 3 seconds you came to check something on my comp...

one last question...when exactly, did this become a post about windows, unreal, and the like...I thought this was about Ghetto cheating [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Loader.dll

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:58 pm

I think you need to open up some UnrealSource DLink. Here's the camera info:

gluLookAt(x, y, z, x, y, z, n1, n2, n3):

Guess what? That's OpenGL baby, I use the same command! Originally Unreal WAS a Glide program, but the final versions were ported back to OpenGL for acceleration.

And Frost, Nick had it crash out but I traced that problem. It generally helps to have your fraggin' card drivers installed to get it to work right [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . Once again, your machine was the only one to do that (unless your drivers weren't fully installed). And *seph's a fag*/UG report pings properly. You shoulda' seen CCxSkarecrow and I go at it several times. One on one, me on 56k hosting with him on @home. He pinged right around 100ms constantly. The netcode is superior, and outdoor areas don't kill frames. In fact only HL does that. Think of the open areas on Doom, Hexen, Quake, Q2, etc. None of them die when they peek at the sky. Only in HL. Oh don't forget Blood2! Some of those outdoor areas rocked!

As for frames, my machine runs better with 98SE than 98FE, but 95 about ties it. I just didn't like 95 for some reason. 2K and NT are awesome, just a bitch to get some games to run on from what I hear? I think I'll stick 98SE on the 800 I am getting this Febuary for stability and my needs. However, I may change my mind and use 2K for the hell of it since I won't be playing DOS games on a fraggin' 800mhz machine. That's what the 486SX and P2/233 are for!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Loader.dll

Postby Alvisc » Thu Feb 07, 2002 6:43 pm

alrite, you know what?, i didnt use h4x for a while (But i still say i didnt), so let it go, its a GAME. if u hold grugdes u must be some bitch in life, And rackdaddys rite, thats pretty horrible if i used h4x and played like that,

Thx,

and how bout GoldenEye?
Alvisc
Spammer
Spammer

Loader.dll

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:39 pm

You'd think he'd figure out hwo to turn off that nice quote at the end of each message he posts, hehe.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Loader.dll

Postby Alvisc » Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:19 pm

i did, it was blocked, but i dont wanna change my Name
Alvisc
Spammer
Spammer

Loader.dll

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:27 am

I used win98se shortly, but the drop in framerate for games forced me back to 98. Of course I've used NT (occupational hazard, you won't find it on many home systems). Been using win2k since RC2 about 2 years ago. Just got onto XP Pro about a month ago, and so far it's every bit as stable as win2k was.

As for Unreal/*seph's a fag*... don't get me started on the evils of making a game tailored to one manufacturer's API (and laf, that manufactured was consumed by it's competitor).
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Loader.dll

Postby DeSyPhUr » Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:11 am

well i dont REALLY want to get into this but...

from ghettos post: i didnt use h4x for a while.

How is that not admitting he did. The prosicution rests your honor.

Oh and BTW, if you hack that doesnt mean you cant suck. What if your a noob who really blows and you pick up hax. Then that makes you average. I rest again.
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Loader.dll

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:39 am

Ghetto..it's the point that you cheat.. hell I don't even PLAY the game anymore, but I still have strong feelings towards people who cheat...

By your own admission you have cheated before...if you haven't cheated, then you need to choose your words more carefully... instead of saying <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
i didnt use h4x for a while

dude...that's a confession
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Loader.dll

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:54 pm

Yeah I agree with Frosty here. Even on games I don't play, even the ones I don't LIKE, I get EXTREMELY pissed at cheaters over because it ruins the experience for players who DO enjoy the game. One time or all the time, once you're a cheater you can suck c*ck for all I care.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Loader.dll

Postby Alvisc » Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:57 pm

dont be a bitch, i dont take if i said it wrong but im gettin pissed off, so i make this as quick as i can, I dont play with hacks, and im good with out it, I havent been caught with hacks or usin them (Until i said that but i didnt, so dont bring up anymore shit, i just dont choose my words carefully) i came here and asked, and i goto alot of oesms with the jedino cheats and shit, but still havent been caught, BECAUSE I DIDNT USE EM
Alvisc
Spammer
Spammer

Loader.dll

Postby Supafly » Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:09 pm

ok we understand that, BUT WILL YOU PLEASE CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURE LINES
Supafly
I should get out more
I should get out more

Loader.dll

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:14 pm

He can't Supa, haha! Oh and read yoru email freak! I emailed you at the address you gave to this board (a hotmail one I think).
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

PreviousNext

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum