Game patches/updates and mods

Forum for asking questions and discussing technical problems related to your OESM hosted server.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Game patches/updates and mods

Postby aireagle01 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:52 am

My OESM gamer server (Texas-Tornado) is running MOHAA/SH, and I want to add patches/updates to it as they become available, but
-
1. I believe there is a win and a linux version. Thus the updates must be be compatible, ie Linux only? as an example the MOHAASH patch 2.15 is out and i have not seen a version for a linux system
-
2. And if the update is a exe type you guys must run the update once I have uploaded it on the server ? (is this how it works?)
-
3. What i have also discovered, is that there are win mods that i can run from my PC (win2K) at home that monitor the server, these mods are for various things, like cheats, hacks, bans and such.....is this okay with you all if i do that? or does this cause issues?
The Winged Warrior
aireagle01
noobeh
noobeh

Re: Game patches/updates and mods

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:25 am

aireagle01 wrote:My OESM gamer server (Texas-Tornado) is running MOHAA/SH, and I want to add patches/updates to it as they become available, but
-
1. I believe there is a win and a linux version. Thus the updates must be be compatible, ie Linux only? as an example the MOHAASH patch 2.15 is out and i have not seen a version for a linux system
-

Our servers are all Linux. EA failed to inform the coder they contracted for the SH port that they even released a patch. Once he found out he requested the source code, which had to be fedex'd to him. This delayed the Linux patch. We can contact you as soon as it's available.

aireagle01 wrote:2. And if the update is a exe type you guys must run the update once I have uploaded it on the server ? (is this how it works?)
-

No exe's on Linux, but there will be a tarball to unpack. This can be opened in Winzip. We can apply the official patches for you, or you can do so at your leisure. This is totally up to you.

aireagle01 wrote:3. What i have also discovered, is that there are win mods that i can run from my PC (win2K) at home that monitor the server, these mods are for various things, like cheats, hacks, bans and such.....is this okay with you all if i do that? or does this cause issues?

You can run win32 programs on your end to monitor the server, that's no problem at all.
"Proving the human condition, one idiot at a time"
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
"Diplomacy is the act of saying "Nice doggie!" till you can find a rock"
"Department of Redundancy Department"
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay..........

Postby aireagle01 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:05 pm

I sort of ...kind of understood all of that.........but I think I'll have to take a break first...........smoke is coming out of my ears.........
-
Thx for the info..........likewise...if I hear anything on the Linux version, ( i get most of my poop from the MOHADMIN web page), I'll contact you
-
Cheers
The Winged Warrior
aireagle01
noobeh
noobeh

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:59 pm

I'm on the linux beta mailing list run by the guy EA hired to do the port. Where do you think mohadmin gets their info? :) Honstly, the best place to see what sorts of official updates there are is his site, http://icculus.org
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes Sir I understand

Postby aireagle01 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:09 am

Many thanks "Man From Admin" I'm beginingto see the light.......as I slowly creep out of my shadow of darkness....
-
After several pails of water to duche the glowing embers, things are all better now..As a NooB, I hate to say it, I'm learning and I'm cautious on what I'm doing.......guess thats why you guys are here...in my time of need
-
I actually got custom maps uploaded late last night....and ran one test pass.......fixed the map error issues and hope to clean up the rest today......The guys from my clan were over joyed to have something different
-
PS I'm glad you guys have a sense of humor
-
Thx
The Winged Warrior
aireagle01
noobeh
noobeh

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:54 pm

We have the patch to 2.15 now, let us know if you'd like it applied to your server.
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Plz apply the 2.15 patch

Postby aireagle01 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:39 pm

Yes in deed......plz apply the patch.......nothing special is going on from now thru 5pm tomorrow.........we have a match tomorrow night (8pm)......and The Texas-Tornado could be(if I get my way) our alternate game server......
-
We ran a wide variety of custom and modded maps today, and last night........with great success......lots of :lol:
-
Cheers
-
PS Plz let me know when the update is done........and again, your clear to install it at any time...........it anyone is play'n on the server, they most likey are from my clan group and want the patch installed...a slight interuption won't hurt them a bit...... :twisted:
The Winged Warrior
aireagle01
noobeh
noobeh

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:54 pm

Patch installed, now running 2.15.
Server Pimpage
DLinkOZ`Fbs