Variables, variables, why doth valve not removeth them?

Forum for asking questions and discussing technical problems related to your OESM hosted server.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby FUBAR the Freak » Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:28 pm

Ah, I see. So you have the script for changing the scrollbar color and the navigation is just simple linked buttons? Easy navigation and nice layout, each link opening _new browser window.

DHTML is not the greatest. The only DHTML I really use is the glow and/or the overlapping text/vector layers.

My site is rather lame, but I am working on it. Framing is wonderful.

-|NFK|-FUBAR
FUBAR the Freak
Spammer
Spammer

Postby Axiom » Sat Mar 02, 2002 9:36 pm

first of all, DHTML is much more functional than just layering or making text glow.

Coming from someone who barely knows anything about DHTML, I guess that comment holds no water anyway.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FUBAR the Freak » Sun Mar 03, 2002 12:12 am

Oh, there is plenty you can do with DHTML, like someone said up there, moving objects around. I'm just saying it does not look very good, from personal opinion.

Flash is much more interactive and you can do A LOT more, plus it is very appealing to viewers. Not many people know DHTML anymore.

That statement directed at me or yourself?
FUBAR the Freak
Spammer
Spammer

Postby FUBAR the Freak » Sun Mar 03, 2002 1:41 am

I love HTML coding, only problem is I cannot make anything fancy without some type of flash editor. In other words, my page is very static; no motion and such.

I had frames, and I am still editing the frames. As for images, I'm getting the hang of Paintshop Pro 7, but I have heard Adobe Photoshop 6 is much better.

You have a site of yours I can look at?

-|NFK|-FUBAR
FUBAR the Freak
Spammer
Spammer

Previous

Return to Technical Support / Technical Q and A