TB Server cheating

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

TB Server cheating

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Fri Jun 15, 2001 11:07 am

It's not that you won't do it again, it that we can't believe you about not cheating again... I've said it, obby's said it. Once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater.

It doesn't matter if it was a one time thing, or a one day thing (which is it?) You cheated. It also doesn't mater if it was checkers, CS, TFC, or ANY other game. If you are willing to cheat at one game, then you are willing to cheat at all games...

To be blunt, your credibility is nonexistant...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

TB Server cheating

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Fri Jun 15, 2001 11:21 pm

OK, I've been around since the Atari 400, and have NEVER needed to cheat in a game, single-player or multiplayer. Heck, when DWANGO was the only way to do multiplayer, you couldn't even use scripts (ie: Doom, Heretic, Duke3D, etc) and I even find scripters must have less skill than those of us who can do just as well without scripts (makes sense anyway), but when it comes to cheating, that shows a MAJOR lack of skill, no matter WHAT game you cheat in. I don't even know what the OpenGL hack or speed hacks are, nor do I care. I think that ban.cfg file is an excellent idea, and I feel it will cut down on lamers in public servers, whether they're just spammers or all-out cheaters. I must say, if one has to cheat at TF, he/she really has a problem, because even the newest newbie can get in and play a sniper or hw and get some kills. At the same time, I remember Butterfingers and never thought him to be a cheater, and actually enjoyed playing with him, whether on the same team or not, but hey, I've been away from TF for ages, and if Valve still creates as many bugs as they fix in each patch, I guess anybody would be tempted to use them to an advantage, especially on a server that has a decent skill rating, like Dlink's.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Previous

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum