Difference

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Difference

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat May 19, 2001 11:27 pm

Sorry, I thought the description was clear when I wrote it. Static means the max player count is just that, a static number that can't be changed. Dynamic means the player count is just that, dynamic, and may be changed for a locked scrim or match and returned to normal for pub use.

Ok, everyone please read my descriptions below, cause if they're not getting the idea across, I'd like to know so I may change them. Thanks.

Static 16 Player Server - $70/Month

This is your typical 16 player server. It has a maxplayers of 16 at ALL times. You may change the motd, mapcycle, configs, etc as you wish, but the maxplayers MUST stay at 16 and it must keep the OESM brand (ie. "Dood's Llama fest TFC server | OESM7@Dallas").

Dynamic 16 Player Server - $80/Month

This package is meant for clans who will be hosting matches on the server, and using league configs. Most leagues, such as STA and OGL, use a higher maxplayers while locked for matches. You may make changes to the motd, mapcycle, configs, etc as you wish, and may increase the maxplayers variable as needed per your league's config. Maxplayers MUST return to 16 immediately after matches are done, and are not to be run in public mode with anything higher than 16. Also, you must keep the OESM brand (ie. "Dood's Llama fest TFC server | OESM7@Dallas").
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum