How do game companies think...

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sat Jul 13, 2002 8:15 pm

I know DLink, that's what's so damn stupid. I tried installing the protocol and it told me it couldn't find the hardware, like I eneded something to make IPX packets, which is BS.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:14 pm

Something on your install is screwed, I have no problem whatsoever adding ipx.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:19 am

The nic doesn't not create packets, the stack does. The nic just propagates them out to the network.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:39 am

Wrong, I remember because I had got done setting your master and slave drives and then installing 95. The bad ram WAS in your machine at the time because you got those VCACHE or other memory-related errors. I remember because on the first boot of 95 after re-install, I got a BSOD with a VCACHE error, I looked at the address, and said it looks like you've got a bad chip. You said no, and I tried to explain it and you started getting pissed so I dropped it. Then when I moved up you got ME, installed, and BAM, there was the same thing I'd said. Guess I need to write a memory chip tester like the one for Linux.

And as for XP, though stable it has more bugs than any prior (excluding Win3.11). I was on the phone with a MS tech for two hours and was told that this was a bug. Don't give me that BS. You have just been lucky. Oh wait, I mean aside from your machine rebooting itself randomly a while back. Although I have to admit, that was amusing [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . And I just remembered, almost every game you've had on XP has randomly just "disappeared" and you'd be back on the desktop, sometimes with the BG solid black and not automatically refreshing (probably due to needing WM_SETFOCUS).

The Voodoo3 AGP series sucked period. I don't care if you get drivers from the future. That card sucked. You coupled it with a Celeron (early slot1 model at that) which didn't help much.

As for my map, only your machine crashed, and if you remember, it was a meshing error, caused by 3dfxogl.dll. Hmm, guess what, I can show you that driver on my box and prove to you it's an OpenGL extension for 3dfx cards. Also, the mesh was the automag, not the map. As for the map, all I did to it was remove the monsters and add random spawn points for DM. I altered the map file in no other way. So if anything would have caused the crash there, it would have in SP/Coop mode as well.

This is getting pointless. Everything one can say I can back somehow, even if it means running up a long-distance bill just to have a MS tech tell somebody what a PROVEN bug is, or to name out a horrid configuration, or to point out a fact.

[ 07-14-2002: Message edited by: [OESM][DHTA]Sephiroth ]</p>
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:15 am

Seph as usual..you are confusing mine with one of the many other comps you screwed up...

We met in high school...
I got unreal while attendting CC, NEVER saw you when I went to CC...

Moved to Raleigh, you SENT em the map VIA e-mail...

I HAD 98se then...I got 98 shortly after it came out...like I do ALL win OS...

You e-mailed me the map at the end of spring session...I got that RAM for my B-day that SAME year...
The crash happend prior to my b-day...

so your full of shit dude...you are trying to blame shitty programming on hardware I DIDM'T have at the time...I remember every time you came to help me with my comp...and never was I using 95 whenever you touched my comp...

and when I had 95, I didn't have the startup logo, I had various other logos...same with 98 initially...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:49 pm

like I said seph...user error...

and as for "you telling em so"
you didn't...

That bad stick of RAM...I got that one AFTER the unreal crash...
I wasn't running 95...I was running 98SE...
I had the Voodoo 3 3000 AGP, BUT with updated drivers...

I seem to recall the exact reason it crashed...You sent me one of your maps...and YOUR map crashed my system...the automag weapon pick-up did it...

What's that Dave? you didn't have problems installing protocols? You ran XP on a 350 w/o problems? hmmm... seph, it seems anyone can run XP with out problems EXCEPT you...interesting...

I myself am tired of the same two arguements that we seem to have on a regular basis...the "win98se is better than ___________" and "unreal is the best programed game out there..."

You don't seem to hear what others have to say...you only think you are right...well don't discount others opinions... it seems that more people are disagreeing with you than agreeing with you....why?

and one last thing..I sold the Live card prior to figuring out the bad RAM...I retested the sound card after the bad RAM was removed...it worked fine...but I had sold it already, and the guy who bought it...lets say he needed it more than I did... so I didn't bother to buy it back...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Previous

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum