DLinkOZ...

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

DLinkOZ...

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:13 am

Hey DLink, you still have a spare PCI TNT2 or something close to it? I just got that Micro ATX box running and although the built-in video card is decent, it doesn't cut it in MCM2 or Infiltration. If you have one you're willing to sell let me know.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

DLinkOZ...

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:35 am

I don't have anything spare these days, with keeping pc's here for each family member, plus servers, plus others who need to borrow.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

DLinkOZ...

Postby Mr.Magoo » Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:45 am

I got one old pal, just it's missing a fan.

magoo@oesm.org if you are still interested.

GF2 MX 400 64mb agp.
Mr.Magoo

DLinkOZ...

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:26 am

hehe magoo...seph can't run AGP... he's still in the stone age when it comes to graphics cards.... I think 1 of his many P 133's actually has an AGP port...

I find it funny...he has 2 linux servers both celeron ?1 agp?. (1 on an UPS, and is bitching to me about getting the other on it...hint, it's my UPS) His 233? pentium PC (win98), a 133 pentium PC (for when friends come over), and this new micro ATX box which is like a 400+ pentium...

and he want's to use my comp to play Silent Hunter 2, Destroyer Command, Morrowind, and MSFT Train sim...

instead of scrounging up old parts from every where seph... maybe you should have just upgraded the hell outta your own personal PC...
just a thought...

[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

On another note...I find it funny how Seph says linux is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but if we get a power flux, he losses files (the box not on the UPS that is)...and my system is fine...he even asked me...no BEGGED me to let him install XP on his "new" computer...the starts to bitch when he's got a shitty NIC card that win98 AND winXP detect the same..."oh XP sucks...win98 will do this just fine..."

Seph, you asked to use XP, your NIC sucks, and you blame XP...hehe you are too funny...

[ 06-27-2002: Message edited by: [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- ]</p>
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

DLinkOZ...

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:09 pm

Nah it was XP. 98SE ran the card AOK, but MS fucked up XP by compressing all the *daddy's penis* files so the upgrader can't find any upgrades. Can I help it that XP isn't smart enough to ID my piece of hardware and then install some generic driver for it?

As for my machines, I have spent MAYBE $100 total and I can play all but the NEWEST games on my systems because I know how to tweak (not overclock). Technically, Infiltration and *seph's a fag* shouldn't run on my Gateway, yet not only does it run, it runs in 1024x768 with around 130fps on average.

Also, the box I need the card for I got for FREE. You must learn not to bitch about free shit. So what if the current video card sucks? Everything else on it is quite good, and runs smoothly. Look at it form my viewpoint. I know that GF4 I got you wasn't the baddest GF4 out there but it's all I could afford, it's a billion times better than the older one, and you seem to like it.

Magoo: I need a PCI card, but thanks. Lowest I want for the box (533mhz Intel) is like a Voodoo3 2k PCI. In other words, 16mb accelerator. The one in there now is an ATI Rage Pro VR 8mb AGP 2X card, built into the mobo.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

DLinkOZ...

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:27 pm

It wasn't XP, I was here..you Told me that 98SE wanted to install the SAME drivers as XP..so win98 did the same thing...

Xp has installed drivers for me with no problems what so ever...

And you can't play the newest games on your machine..*seph's a fag* isn't new.. Morrowind is... you can't run it...Silent hunter is new...you can't run it...Destroyer command is new...you can't run it...Train simulator is new...you can't run it...RTCW is new...you can't run it...AVP2 is not that new...you can't run it...NWN is new...you can't run it...Warcraft 3 is new...you can't run it...shall I go on...

And yes that box was free... the power supply wasn't, the vid card you will end up buying won't be... the NIC card you will buy won't be free... I'm just saying... if you get something for free...keep it for spare parts... but spend your money on upgrades for your new comp...or get a new comp...

and no the GF4 isn't a million times better...better frame rate, true, but every game I wanted to run ran at highest res with no prob...excluding train sim (I didn't want to play it) and Morrowind (which is a shitty game IMHO)...You got the GF4 so you wouldn't suffer frame loss in those games... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] and you wanted my old card..so it can't be all bad...

Keep in mind...you got me the GF4, I never asked for it...I told you to save your money...I do appreciate the gesture...but it wouldn't have mattered to me either way...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

DLinkOZ...

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:37 pm

Actually I beta-tested Morrowind on this machine. How do you think I did that? Ran fine, just nothing above 512x384. Also BEAT RtCW on here. Q3A I beat in NO time on here. I exceed the base requirements for DC and SH2, and I have played them on here but they look like shit (that's due to being DX only and not Glide/OpenGL). My card is optimized for OpenGL, Glide, MiniGL, and OpenDL. DirectX is nice, and it is compatible with damn-near everything out there, but over half of it is software driven, such as fog, which is a built-in part of OpenGL. Bet you didn't know HL had fog, but that it is disabled by default because in a MP game, DX users wouldn't see it and OpenGL/Glide users would be hindered by it.

Point is, I can play almost anything. Havent tried WC3 or NWN yet, and I don't plan to. Hell I got FS2K Pro running on this machine and I don't even meet requirements. Oh and by "running", I don't mean like Doom ran on that 386 at the library, I mean running smooth.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

DLinkOZ...

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:00 pm

hehe...sure seph...you ran RTCW?...you told me you wish you could play it but you couldn't run it at all... You also said that you couldn't run Train sim because you simply dind't have enough processor power for the game to even load...

As for Morrowind...I really doubt you beta tested it...you never once mentioned beta testing the game... but you did mention "I can't wait until Morrowind comes out, it's gonna rock"

Being a daggerfall freak, you would have played it none stop..kinda like you did when you DID get morrowind...

Seems to me that if you can run Morrowind on your comp, then why are you playing it on mine? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You do know I'm just ragging you...

[ 06-28-2002: Message edited by: [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- ]</p>
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

DLinkOZ...

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:47 pm

Beta had OpenGL support. That should say it ALL. If it ran in OpenGL on YOUR machine you'd be hitting the 240fps cap limit easily. The requirements are steep because it uses DX ONLY. DX is nice, but over half of it is software-generated. I can make *seph's a fag* graphically gorgeous on my P133 using DX but I'd be running at 0.0000000000000000000000000001fps.

And rememebr when I did get TS? I played it on my box, but I had to run it in 640x480. Once again, DX ONLY. Also found out several high-dollar ATI cards are NOT OpenGL compliant yesterday [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . Now I know how they make ATI cards look comparable to nVidia cards. They run the shit on identical systems, but they use DX (which runs damn-near equal on any card) instead of OpenGL. Let's see an openGL test. I'd get a nut off watching an ATI card catch fire and burn while a GF3/4 hums away like it's nothing.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum