HLGuard Updating

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

HLGuard Updating

Postby [CD]MadMan » Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:47 pm

Was wondering if the guild could get the HLGuard updated to whatever the current version is. A few members have told me there is a bug in it and I should update it. Since I have no idea how to, I was hoping it was a simple thing for Dlink to do. If you dont have the time, please let me know how I can do it.
[CD]MadMan
purple nurple
purple nurple

HLGuard Updating

Postby [CD]MadMan » Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:54 pm

I guess there is more to this. I have been told that hlguard is banning people since the update was done. I have not seen this first hand since I'm at work and have not tried the servers yet. But any help you can give, I'd be greatful for.
[CD]MadMan
purple nurple
purple nurple

HLGuard Updating

Postby [CD]MadMan » Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:36 pm

Guess this is getting serious...members are being banned left and right.
[CD]MadMan
purple nurple
purple nurple

HLGuard Updating

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:40 pm

This version of HalfLife disables the ability to exec anything besides configs. So HLGuard can't do it's exe and dll checks. It's useless, go ahead and disable it (edit the liblist.gam file in your tfc directory, there are two linux_gamedll lines, one commented out, one not. The one that's not is calling metamod, the other calls the normal tfc .so. Just switch em around and restart the server).

Basically Valve reduced what can be executed in hopes that it will cut down on some cheats, and that their updates to their VAC will catch the others. Suck ass thing here is that only CS is supported by VAC right now. So TFC servers are basically unprotected again.

You can go ahead and grab the latest HLGuard and install it, will get rid of the false banning. But honestly, without it's file checking I don't see it being very useful anymore. GFG Valve.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum