hl 1109 Patch

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

hl 1109 Patch

Postby Psychotic Warning » Mon Apr 29, 2002 6:51 pm

This message is also posted on the Tech. Q and A Forum. I downloaded hl 1109 and every map / server I now play on is visually flawed AND there is now a constant Jittery LAAAAAAG that makes decent play impossible. I will wire the money for a case of beer to whomever can help me beat this problem.It sucks, Sucks SUCKS SUCKS, SUCKS!!! Here's my direct E-Mail: Boobayamska@yahoo.com. Peace.
P. S. FUCKING HELP!!!! I can't stand it anymore!!!
Psychotic Warning
noobeh
noobeh

hl 1109 Patch

Postby DLinkOZ » Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:04 pm

DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

hl 1109 Patch

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:15 pm

Fuck that, I have no sky problems whatsoever, but the LAG and frame-loss makes it un-playablle a LOT of times, even at lower resolutions. I think it maybe draining my power, but I have watched my resources using 'top' while I let eight clanners go at it with rockjs, grens, and tb's. It used about 120mb of ram and 34% CPU at peak battles. Mind you the server had been up over-night and pre-cached the maps. When I start the server, it uses a very little amount (20-30mb?). Anyways, I can't figure out why the pings are higher, unless the server and/or client sends more data now. The way i see it, this patch was a WASTE. It lowered frames, increased pings a bit, and the only good thing was that bunny-hopping and wall-riding were toned-down as best they could.

-Seph
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

hl 1109 Patch

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:17 pm

Seph, some day you'll have to get a pc with parts made within the past 3 years to play games. Just acknowledge the fact and go with it. I have no added lag or fps issues, and my video card is less than latest and greatest (although my GF4 does ship on Friday!!!).
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum