Rating....Gunman Chronicals

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Rating....Gunman Chronicals

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 30, 2000 11:45 pm

OK...I one of the few people who actually play a game single player before I play it multiplayer...and well here's my impression of gunman chronicals:

Graphics: The graphics are somewhat new to GC, some cool looking weapons, interesting textures, and imaginative monsters. All in all nothing to right home about, but nothing terribly disappointing. 3 of 5 stars.

Gameplay: Felt like butter. I jumped right in and started kicking ass with pure ease...maybe too much ease...anyway, you manage to drive a tank (2 times) and it feels natural with the default setup. 5 of 5 stars.

Story: this was the greatest let down of all. Half the time I didn't know what the hell the next objective was....just kill shit and move to the next room to kill more shit. the beginning movie was...well...weak. the ending leaves an opening for another Gunman Chronicals (I hope they don't) 0 of 5 stars

All in all I was totally un impressed with this game. the story SUCKED, the graphics were new but not unique to this game, If you played HL then you HAVE played this game...

There is one redeeming factor about this game though...weapon custimizations. The shotgun for instance...could fire 1 to 4 rounds each time...and you can choose the spread. the rifle doubles as a machine gun (which over heats....a draw back) the pistol canbe attached with a stock a be used as a VERY powerful sniper rifle that comes in handy alot. and the M.U.L.E. Unreal TRIED to join a gren launcher and a rocket launcher but failed miserably. The M.U.L.E. (multiple unit launching engine) not only doubles as a RL and GL, but you choose how the rockets/grens act. There are a ton of possible configs for this bad boy. spiral for double the rocket/gren power. Guide (which works REALLY well for grens...don't ask me)which allows you to CHOOSE how grens bounce and rockets fly, and homing...now homing is my fave...I love getting alock and watching them fall.. there are other weapons (but they don't need to be mentioned)

gunman BARELY pulls a 2.5 of 5 star in my book...

they should of simply kept this game a mod/tc instead of making ppl waste their money. If you haven't bought it...don't...go and borrow it from the friend who bought it....or pirate the damn thing...it's what most of you do any way... Image

Later...
DF

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum