Will someone help me pleez

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby DeSyPhUr » Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:57 pm

Again i have a cheaters wonid and I wish to know the origin of the place I can report him. If anyone has this information please dont hesitate to let me in on it. Thanks two million. One more thing... is it possible for me to record a cheater, watching him while im dead? And if so what is the command to do so? -DeSy
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby DLinkOZ » Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:01 pm

There's no official group concerning cheaters, just various blacklists (I do NOT like that idea). If you're spectating them, and can tell they're cheating, try recording a demo

record name

then when done

stop

Not sure what it will capture, but who knows, maybe enough to tell.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:26 pm

Email Sierra and/or WON. They'll fix his ass good. It must suck to not be allowed to play HL online with all your godlike cheats.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:52 am

Dave...you don't like the IDEA of various black lists? I thought that was what you were creating? An enormous list of caught cheaters in a nice simple file that someone can use to ban them from their server...or is it the idea of using a list someone else created, and not know anything about those who were caught...whether they were really cheating, or banned for a childish reason?
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Mar 12, 2002 10:34 am

My list is for 2 reasons. 1 is to just show who I've caught, 2 is for the use of other OESM servers if they want. I'm all for a community of servers helping each other out. But beyond that, who says an admin isn't pissed at someone and adds their name to the list just to spite the person?
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DeSyPhUr » Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:21 pm

thx all
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Tue Mar 12, 2002 10:29 pm

so the second guess would be correct...I see your point, and agree somewhat with it...

mayhaps a cross reference of your list with others to get a universal ban list? I think it would be very hard for one individual to be banned because he simply pissed an admin off...but it would take too much time to compile, and update...etc. plus, I doubt many people would use it... never mind...
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:44 pm

The main thing I use mine for these days is the cross reference to tfcfiles.sandawgs.com, hence I modified the script to make the wonid's direct links into their db search.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr.Magoo » Wed Mar 13, 2002 8:24 am

There are people whoring out the logaddress command to make a global blacklist.

www.csblacklist.com
Mr.Magoo

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Mar 13, 2002 5:45 pm

Seph, do this. Make sure your CSG is writing to a CheaterList.txt in the proper format (I can send you my csgconfig.cfg) make me an ftp account. Make a symlink to your CheaterList.txt in my home dir, and I'll add you to my script for 20 minute updates.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:58 am

Well maybe I should start keeping a list of cheaters and sending to DLink once a week or something. It is RARE I find a DMC cheater, but there are obvious ones. Take for instance some guy doing quad damage and emitting the blue light around them, but they have no "shimmer" effect encasing the model and one of your teammates has the real quad for that level. I don't know yet if that's a hack in the DMC mod or some cheat but I have seen it used in pub and once on my server.
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Mar 14, 2002 2:00 am

DLink it is setup to log, but guess what? No cheaters yet [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img] . Wait until I catch a cheater or two to see what it does. I did change every instance of "cstrike" to "dmc" though, and set the var properly so it wouldn't try disabling wallhack since that only works in CS. It still detects it though!
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum