Skill modifier changes

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Skill modifier changes

Postby RackDaddy » Fri Jan 18, 2002 1:22 pm

You're assuming the ideal situation of having a server full of knowledgeable, skilled players. Most don't realize getting rid of extra ammo lessens EMP damage. If you want to tabulate bonuses on "what ifs" we'll never reach an agreement and it won't reflect the average player. We're not designing stats for the top 10 players in TFC, we're trying to figure out fair stats for the kinds of players that frequent a public server on a normal day.

Regardless which gernade you believe requires more skill, I think we all can agree NEITHER requires enough skill to keep the bonuses over an even 1.

On a sort of a side note.. Some people here get extremely worked up over discussions. Everything everyone else says in this world is not wrong because it's not your own opinion; people are entitled to their own opinions. If you are offended by their opinions, maybe you should be a Communist.

I must have a sign on me that says "I'm an asshole so give me a hard time, I like having heated debates". If you don't agree with what I say and have a comment to make, do everyone else a favor and email me privately.

<a href="mailto:rackdaddy@crazyasspimp.com">rackdaddy@crazyasspimp.com</a>
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

Skill modifier changes

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Jan 18, 2002 1:33 pm

Most OESM customers are seasoned clans, so I'd say that more times than not, the unknowledgable, unkowning players are a minority in the stats.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Skill modifier changes

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Jan 20, 2002 9:50 pm

Here are the totals from everything posted:

ac - 1
autorifle - 1.0
axe/crowbar - 2
dispenser - 2
caltrop - 2
detpack - 1.1
emp - 1.1
flame thrower - 1.9
spy grenade - 1.1
grenade launcher - 1.35
infection - 1.5
knife - 1.7
medikit -1.85
mirv grenade - 1.05
nail grenade - 1.5
nail gun - 1.9
napal grenade - 1.7
normal grenade - 1.3
pipe bomb - 1.8
rail gun - 2
rocket - 1.2
sentry gun - 1
shotgun - 1.8
sniper rifle - 1
spanner - 2
supernails - 1.8
super shotgun - 1.15
Flag cap - 5
det cave - 1.5
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Skill modifier changes

Postby Mr.Magoo » Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:12 am

Goddamn it Seph. Hey look a POS 386 in the corner! Look!

/me punches Seph in the head

Go play Return to Zork. No lag there.
Mr.Magoo

Skill modifier changes

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:31 pm

Oh lord, you only have a 386?! Magoo I pity you. I cherish my Amstrad 8086 PC with a 10mb hd that fits into an 8bit ISA slot and spans the ENTIRE case width! It has a whopping four-color monitor to boot! Now, I also have a 286/12 sitting in the living room that still works (I bet Frost is dying for me to do something with the damn thing too). And don't even mess with my Atari 400, 800, 1000, or 2600. Same goes for the Commodore 32 and 64. Now, let me eat my mashed potatoes and gravy in peace while I play with my new game engine. Can we say "Unreal clone"? Good.

-The Great Sephiroth
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Previous

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum