Anybody that REALLY knows computers

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby DeSyPhUr » Thu Jan 03, 2002 3:56 pm

Hey this a few questions to anyone that knows anything about computers at all. Im starting college and Im looking to get into the computer fields. Im starting with intro to computers but Ill be going into computer programming. I fyou got any info or information about these classes or others like them that I should attend hoolar back I need the help.
DeSyPhUr
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Thu Jan 03, 2002 4:58 pm

ever think about computer animation? It's pretty cool, but time consuming...

HTML, and web publixhing classes are also cool...

but that's only my opinion...

Personally... I found programming boring...guess I'm just a little too impatient to try to fix the billion errors that are bound to happen (when I code) [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby DeSyPhUr » Thu Jan 03, 2002 6:48 pm

Thx Deckon, I didnt really know wut to expect from programming besides bordome. I want to get somewhere in this computer age and animation sounds awesome. I didnt even think in that direction. I rock at adobe photoshop and ive done animation in comm tech classes in high school. Thx a thousand Deckon, you rock.
DeSyPhUr
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:29 pm

Mmm... programming... playing sleep-over while in your sleeping bag in your cube floor so your dept. can hit the deadline... count me the hell out!!

I'm happy with server support, keep the code away!!
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Thu Jan 03, 2002 8:14 pm

DeSyPhUr...it ALL depends upon your professors...IF you get shitty profs who don't like the subject matter, who are there to simply collect a paycheck, or aren't interested in anything new in the field, then your classes are going to be nightmares....

If your professors truely enjoy the subject matter, and care about their students (don't worry, there are profs out there like that) then you will excell in whatever you attempt (provided you yourself are interested in the subject)

Here's a hint... look at the grade reports for professors for previous semesters... if there are alot of A's, B's, and C's then more than likely that is a good professor (or a very easy class), otherwise, avoid that professor like the plague....

if you have any specific questions...maybe about majors...feel free to ask... in fact I might be able to get you some info on the top computer animation school here in the carolinas...(it's where Pixar gets there animators..as well as Disney)
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby DeSyPhUr » Thu Jan 03, 2002 11:34 pm

Damn Deckon you really rock, Im so glad that I have help from you. Thx hella lots man. Ill do just that and look into the proffesors. Damn dude thx so damn much. I have no clue what to major in yet and I know jack shi-ot about college. So my major is still a question. Animation is probably the thing though if thats a major....Thx again man I'm speechless......
DeSy
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby Axiom » Fri Jan 04, 2002 12:00 am

im in help desk / desktop support / technician stuff. I didnt really need college for it. Guess it's a good thing, cause I didnt really finish college.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RackDaddy » Fri Jan 04, 2002 12:10 pm

Since stats seem to be important in everyones lives these days, just wanted to give you a little forum stats for this current thread:

..times DeSyPhUr says Deckon "rocks".. 2

..times DeSyPhUr is glad to have help from Deckon.. 1

..times DeSyPhUr "hella thanks" Deckon.. 4

..times DeSyPhUr is "speechless".. 1

Sadly these stats all take place in two messages. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Someone thinks someone is pretty damn special!
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

Postby Alvisc » Fri Jan 04, 2002 3:46 pm

LOL wtf?!, hahahahahah
Alvisc
Spammer
Spammer

Postby DeSyPhUr » Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:00 pm

OK, I said Im not a dick in another post but its obvious you dislike me rackdaddy cause all you do is harp on my responses, so lets unleash the dick. I could be sarcastic and write some funny ass facts about you, like how you always say that you follow the "threads" of OESM (WTF is that anyways, you OESM wannabe) but I wont and the fact that your not a big dog here I wont just shut up and eat the shit you talk.Here are some more stats to add to your last bunch Jim Carey: Deckon, you rock and Im so glad your helping me. Hella thanks Deckon, HELLA THX. Im just speechless about how special you are. And Helloo your rock too. Hella thx to you also. Oh, and rackdaddy, this was a post for people willing to give me helpfull information on my starting of college. So if you have none, just get off my back or eat a dick.
DeSyPhUr
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:11 pm

damn
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

Postby RackDaddy » Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:54 pm

I don't dislike you, I don't know you. I don't care to know you, as you don't affect me nor influence my life.

If you can't take a little joshing, you're a kid who hasn't approached the gates of puberty.

Your post doesn't make sense and exhibits your immaturity and poor manner. If you think I'm offended by anything you said, you're very mistaken. You've only shown your true colors.

Once again, you're putting words in my mouth. When you find where I said I wanted to be in OESM, you let me know. I didn't realize that following the threads of an OESM discussion made me want to join something, do something, be something. I pay for my own server here and follow the discussions contained in these forums as they relate to the services I currently lease. I simply gave my opinion from a third-persons perspective.

In that post I didn't insult anyone or exhibit immaturity like you're doing. I asked a question: Why doesn't OESM change its name if it didn't like the "bad name" the clan of the same name was bringing it. If that makes me an OESM wannabe in your world, you gotta show me where your people keep the dope and let me smoke the same stuff you're smoking.
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

Postby DeSyPhUr » Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:18 pm

Ok Ok, Lets Begin. You say you werent trying to insult anybody but wtf is this shit:

Since stats seem to be important in everyones lives these days, just wanted to give you a little forum stats for this current thread:

..times DeSyPhUr says Deckon "rocks".. 2

..times DeSyPhUr is glad to have help from Deckon.. 1

..times DeSyPhUr "hella thanks" Deckon.. 4

..times DeSyPhUr is "speechless".. 1

Sadly these stats all take place in two messages. Someone thinks someone is pretty damn special!

That post was to ME and was mocking ME. Stop your "joshing" unless you have something that deals with the topics. Why do you think they have topics to begin with? You say your not showing immaturity in your posts, HA! LOL. You write posts in topics that have nothing to do with servers and you write smart ass comments to get laughs. I bet youve been saving up that cute response for some time now waiting for someone to bust your balls about being an ass. Onto my point. That post I pasted above has nothing to do with a third persons pespective on classes I should attend in college, am I wrong? I can take a joke better than any but you, you keep em coming in my direction. I wrote that last post, not to affect your life, not to care if it bothers you. I wrote it to let you know to stop being a smartass in your responses to me. Your right you dont know me, so stop acting like you do in the way you disrespect me. I said thanks a few times so fucking what. And my true colors...HAHAHA, shit son, you dont even know. My post made plenty of sense, Deckon understood it, and showed no immaturity at all. I was "joshing" you back, except I josh a little harder. Ive been in the Marines for over 3 years so Ive been grown up for sometime now and know completely how to behave. And here is something else, um yes you have stated in more than one post youve been following OESM's threads. I was simply using cruel irony to come back at your ill attempt for a dis. So what you dont wanna be in OESM you and I both know that. AND! I wasnt even talking about that OESM name changing post!! I was responding back to your smart ass post on stats....so send me some of YOUR dope, buddy. Lets just squash this nonsense, Im tired of defending myself after every post and topic because Im new. You were the first to try to get under my skin and I made an example out of you. If I didnt influence your life then move on after you reply. And if you wish to continue this BS its cool too. I freestyle and battle so comebacks are a dime a dozen and if thats true, I could crush you with my wallet.

#of times I wrote the word post--- 12
#of times I wrote the word topic-- 5

Now Im done.
DeSyPhUr
DeSyPhUr
I should get out more
I should get out more

Postby RackDaddy » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:41 am

I didn't read your whole post. I got the jist of what you were trying to say in the first few words.

Again, I apologize if you took my sarcasm as being personal attacks on your behalf. Personally I find it funny that someone overabundantly thanks another person and tells him he rocks 10 times in a three sentence post. If you don't see ANY humor in that, apparently we don't have the same sense of humor. (That being that I have one, and you don't.)

I won't turn this into a flame thread simply because you can't take a joke. I don't know you (as we both apparently agree) so why would I even attempt to insult you? What would I have to gain? I'm 24 years old, I grew out of "your mama" jokes when I was 12. I thought, in the very least, a little humor might make you and others smile. If you think I'm wrong for doing so, move to Canada.
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum