New Rating System

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

New Rating System

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Dec 27, 2001 2:14 am

Lighten up, the old teamkill was bugged. If you killed a teammate, your skill rating went up. Is that what you call accurate? At any rate, I gave some explanations and a way around this for matches in the other thread here http://www.oesm.org/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000510
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Rating System

Postby RackDaddy » Mon Dec 31, 2001 4:58 am

Why not just have seperate stats for each server? That way each admin could decide what he wants to count, etc.

Not sure if that would be a big deal to setup, just a suggestion.
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

New Rating System

Postby DLinkOZ » Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:07 pm

That would be 29 seperate databases, 29 running log catchers on the db server, etc. I'd love to do that, and may in the future, but for now I just can't.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Rating System

Postby RackDaddy » Tue Jan 01, 2002 2:51 pm

Ahh.. without having any knowledge of how the database is tabulated, I wasn't aware that it actually has it's own server.

Maybe you could consider allowing each server to tabulate its own stats, as the CPU load never seems to go above 25% on each machine anyhow. Or wouldn't that work?
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

New Rating System

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:47 pm

It's the memory usage. It takes a full running database server to store the data. The more you stick into it, the more memory it uses. I could stick 29 tables in my single db server, but the overhead would climb, not to mention keeping 29 processes straight for catching logs. And the processes give you no indication as to which server they're logging, huge headache.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Rating System

Postby RackDaddy » Wed Jan 02, 2002 5:36 am

Back on the topic of the rating system..

IMHO, the stats program shouldn't give you a 15 POINT BONUS just for capping a flag. And it certainly shouldn't give 10 points just for blowing the cave in rock2. I could see a 2 MAYBE 3 point bonus for capping, and none for blowing the cave.

It's my understanding that with that rating scheme, someone who caps the flag once has the same skill as a soldier with 15 kills with a rocket (1.00 point modifier for rocket). Someone who caps twice has the same skill as someone who kills 16 times with a CROWBAR? Puh-lease..

Anyone that's been to my server knows that I have scouts turned off. Personally I don't think running and capping requires ANY skill so I try and create a server that focuses more on team effort and fragging the other team than capping.

Any else in favor of reducing (if possible) the outrageous 15 point bonuses for capping?
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

New Rating System

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Jan 02, 2002 8:59 am

On the soldier thing, it's not a flat 1 modifier, though. The modifier is to make each weapon relative to each other. You get skill points depending on how large or small the skill gap is between killer and killee. If you kill someone with double the skill rating as yourself, you'll get much more of a skill boost than killing someone of an equal skill. And in reverse, as you start getting higher (especially at the 2000 threshold) deaths take a huge amount from your skill rating.

I think I can modify the flag caps and such, I'll look into that.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Rating System

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:38 am

Since this used to be a hugely popular question, but hasn't been asked in months and months, here's how the skill ratings are calculated:

If you're the killer

Killer Points = Killer Points + (Victim Points / Killer Points) × Weapon Modifier × 5

If you're the killee

Victim Points = Victim Points - (Victim Points / Killer Points) × Weapon Modifier × 5
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Rating System

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:03 pm

It doesn't anymore, I changed it all. Blowing the wall counts as 1, caps are 3.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Rating System

Postby RackDaddy » Wed Jan 02, 2002 5:09 pm

From what I see, it's 5 for caps, and 2 for walls.

I have 10 caps, 50 points bonus. (5 points)

Am I being nit-picky? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

New Rating System

Postby RackDaddy » Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:11 am

Yah, I read the help file. Thats how I knew there was a 1.00 modifier for rockets, and about the outrageous bonuses. But that doesn't explain why capping should be computed as skill. (Or atleast as much as it does..)
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum