AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby RackDaddy » Sun Dec 16, 2001 7:16 am

I don't doubt that you have good intentions and want to keep cheaters out of your server (as do I) but why ask if there is "a way around it"? Even if there were, would you want it publically posted, thereby defeating the entire purpose of having the thing in the first place?

I think the reason why you're having trouble finding information about it is for this very reason. You don't want people finding out what makes it tick because then they could design a way to crack the code. Consider it like the pyramids of Egypt. Who cares how they got there, appreciate it for what its worth.

It's sad, but over 85% of the cheaters listed on the wall 'o shame come from MY server. I thought it would hinder the number of people I get, but actually I think it's just weeded out the losers who have the self-esteem issues and feel like they need to cheat to be competetive.
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Dec 16, 2001 9:02 pm

It gets all but the die-hard cheaters who get the latest and greatest the day it comes out.

While on the subject of cheating, can anyone shine some light on a spec.cfg? I saw a player attempt to execute it, but did it in team say... idiot. A quick search found it and instructions on a temp myg0t site, but the pages are no longer there.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Dec 16, 2001 9:32 pm

Maybe I'm showing my lack of knowledge of the latest happenings here, but what is gained by moving quickly as a spec?
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby RackDaddy » Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:04 pm

The HLH spec hack (the most popular that i've ever seen) allows you to be a spectator, not get killed, but still cap the flag and float thru the walls, etc.

Don't worry about setting the specspeed down, just put "allow_spectators 0" in your server.cfg and it won't even be an option in the team selection menu. Unfortunately it means no one can spec (not even admins) but if you have the anticheat script installed, you probably won't need to spec anymore anyhow.
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:13 pm

I allow specs in my sniper server cause it's a very skill ratings aware group of people. And since changing teams issues a suicide, it impacts their skill rating. So I allow them to go spec then to a new team if they wish to change teams. Obviously, I police that server quite a bit and make sure people don't spend much time in spec.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby RackDaddy » Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:31 pm

yah, definetly its a tradeoff. i police mine pretty well, but id assume they get the hit to their stats before taking down a server. i think the impact is minimal anyhow..
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby RackDaddy » Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:35 pm

btw, on the topic of stats..

CRUNCH Fubar is way ahead of everyone at number one. doesn't become hard to figure out why when you check his event history. seems he goes into an empty server, becomes a scout, and caps the flag repeately on an empty server.

any way to lower the awards for capping or something? just curious..
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:51 pm

I can apply the same beta stats that I put on the CS and sniping server stats. It fixes the bug of issuing points for certain types of deaths, and I believe it also fixes the bug of the stats engine not always realizing the person is alone.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Dec 16, 2001 11:05 pm

Ok, done. Also setup the weapon awards.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby RackDaddy » Sun Dec 16, 2001 11:13 pm

i assume the new rules dont get applied to the old stats.. how often do they recycle? 7 days?
RackDaddy
Spammer
Spammer

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby DLinkOZ » Sun Dec 16, 2001 11:16 pm

I have the stats setup for every 5 days. Let's hope the bug of not recognizing that number really is gone as stated in the fixes file.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

AdminMod & Jedinocheat

Postby t1mk1ll » Tue Dec 18, 2001 2:20 am

well, i think all these anti-cheat prgrams are nice but lets face it the real problem is valve. they have had plenty of opportunity to improve the half-life engine to prevent cheating but never put the resources into it and now CS and all of HL is going to go the way of most PC games where eventually the only people still willing to play are the cheaters and hackers.
t1mk1ll
Spammer
Spammer

Next

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum