Punkbuster

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Punkbuster

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 06, 2001 8:07 am

Hmm, well it works sometimes, but for the most part Punkbuster is a dissapointment, Dave...it's used in lots of the CS servers I go to, yet I still see guys dissapearing into walls and becoming somehow invisible (well I don't see it, obviously, but bullets flying out of thin air to kill me are a small clue). I don't know how effective it is on TFC cheats (actually I've never noticed someone cheating on TFC) though.

Punkbuster

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 06, 2001 10:59 am

We're not using it anymore. It was actually more of a pain than it was worth. With the released fix for the speed cheat (sorta), and the update to that coming out soon to tweak it, I'm happy. The speed cheat was my main concern.

------------------
Server Pimpage
<A HREF="mailto:dlinkoz@oesm.org">dlinkoz@oesm.org</A>
DLinkOZ`Fbs

Punkbuster

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 13, 2001 12:07 pm

Hey Dave...I know 've been outta the loop for a while...I do periodically check in....but speed cheats? wtf? last time I played it wasn't possible (to my knowledge)... did valve release yet another severly agrivating, disappointing, and totally useless patch or did I miss something prior to [OESM]'s break p at xmas?

btw I take it there were alot of cheaters...anyone we know? Or were they just newbies? I hope any veterans out there wouldn't stoop so low as to actually cheat to play a game...

DF

Punkbuster

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 13, 2001 9:49 pm

Well, aside from me, nasty, and dave cheating it up hardcore, no one else i know cheats.

Punkbuster

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2001 11:54 am

MAGOO? I'd expect that from nasty, and dave..but YOU?!?!?!

Well...that explains alot...

btw...the bans for any of those speedcheaters..are they permanent? hehe...I hope they are...serves them right...

hell...BAN EVERYONE...then you wouldn't have to worry about language..llama's...newbies...cheaters...stupid complaints...or back talk from some little peon who thinks he owns the server..(I'm not saying names....oh FOOK it...CCCP...you know who you are...you little @$%& (%&%!@&% ^%(*^ @$#!$$^^)

can I hold a grudge or what? Image

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is definitely not for you...

Punkbuster

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2001 12:10 pm

Shooooosh Magoo. No, we don't cheat, yes, the bans are forever. The whole speed cheat, llama infestation thing is why you'll find our server, OESM1, is always locked down. It's nice to go in there with a few people and get some frag on. Or get 15 others and have uninterupted fun. BTW, pass is oesm.

Punkbuster

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2001 12:11 pm

Stupid message board, wish it had a feature to auto select the Show Signature button.

------------------
Server Pimpage
<A HREF="mailto:dlinkoz@oesm.org">dlinkoz@oesm.org</A>
DLinkOZ`Fbs

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum