Does anyone remeber....?

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Does anyone remeber....?

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:03 am

Everyone wins your pie just by showing up... shit, wait... I haven't made comments like that since giving up IRC.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does anyone remeber....?

Postby hooby » Tue Dec 04, 2001 10:35 am

1) the first computer game (as far as i know) was zork. the text-advendure...

don't know if pong already existet before... or if you can call the little devices (which you connected to tv via the antenna-cable) a computer...

2) the first computer game that hit the movies was tron. (still a great game... i suggest downloading armagetron for glide... great fun!)

3) + 4) already solved...

5) first lan party: some guys somehow got technical data about the first network-card from apple and soldered together some shit themselves... and during the computer fair, they built the first lan-party ever (in a pizzeria)
hooby
noobeh
noobeh

Does anyone remeber....?

Postby Axiom » Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:49 pm

he was close enough to win the pie!
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does anyone remeber....?

Postby hooby » Wed Dec 05, 2001 4:53 am

this damn computer science study here is nothing but a playground for math-freakin' nerds... i desperately need to officially anounce the beginning of the weekend.. in other words, im not gonna do any more work this week. this week sucks [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
hooby
noobeh
noobeh

Does anyone remeber....?

Postby Axiom » Wed Dec 05, 2001 1:17 pm

from what I remember, the founder of 3com was a developer at Xerox. About the time that xerox started research into the gui and the mouse, this guy had research going on for ethernet. Infact, that's how it got it's name. They have a fat peice of cable running all through the office that the called "the ether" After Xerox decided that his idea wasn't that good either, he left and founded 3com.
Axiom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does anyone remeber....?

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Dec 05, 2001 1:21 pm

Why yes, the 3com founder is the "father of ehternet", so to speak. And what a billion dollar fuck up... PARC... Xerox could have owned the whole freakin pie.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does anyone remeber....?

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Dec 05, 2001 8:47 pm

Sumo was great, but a bored person could sink the entire box it was running on (not a problem of the maps by donuts, rather a bug in the HL engine, as this happens with many custom maps).
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does anyone remeber....?

Postby DLinkOZ » Thu Dec 06, 2001 11:43 pm

Tromoss, say it ain't so!

Thu Dec 6 21:32:41 2001 Name: Tromoss1*OldSchool* from WONID: 100139 listed as detected of having OGC installed.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does anyone remeber....?

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Dec 07, 2001 12:08 am

"FYI

Just remember that ... detects the cheats being installed, not necessarily in use. I have talked with several people that have been banned, that admit to either downloading the cheats a while back, or later found out that someone else had, or that they thought they uninstalled it but found files. So far, it has proven to be 100% accurate."

Quote I dug up. Did you ever download OGC and not delete it (whether you actually used it or not doesn't matter, it's mere existance will cause a ban)? Just delete it and any associated files. I'll remove the ban.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does anyone remeber....?

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Tue Dec 11, 2001 9:51 pm

You know these cheat-detectors are annoying. I think i need to write a trainer that'll fill my health variable with 32767 once every three seconds and then go into some damn cesspool of cheaters server and just totally own them for shits and giggles. YEAH, WHO'S WITH ME?!

-Seph
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

PreviousNext

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum