TFC5 location

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

TFC5 location

Postby [CD]MadMan » Mon Oct 29, 2001 11:12 pm

Anyway we can get them to fix the ping problems. Maybe we can upgrade tfc3 or something. STA match tonight and could not use our oesm servers when our gamesyndicate crashed because of the same old ping issues.

Very frustrating....but I know you try Dlink, not your fault. Just venting.... [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
[CD]MadMan
purple nurple
purple nurple

TFC5 location

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Oct 30, 2001 12:37 am

Yeah, I've been hounding them about it. Whatever fix they did last week obviously didn't last. After my ISP fiasco today, I'm about ready to go torch Verizon HQ. Did you try your Louisville server?
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

TFC5 location

Postby [CD]MadMan » Tue Oct 30, 2001 4:25 am

Louisville server pings are a bit high(100-120) but the server is very smooth. Not sure if its just because the server is so nice or because the line is so clean. The next guild practice will use it so I can see what its like with a heavy load. BTW, On Sunday we had 16 soldiers fighting it out on oesm16 and it was great. Its just so darn inconsistent. I think this means the server itself is fine with respect to hardware but the line...dont get it...

Thanks Dlink...know your doing all you can. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
[CD]MadMan
purple nurple
purple nurple

TFC5 location

Postby DLinkOZ » Tue Oct 30, 2001 10:06 am

It's internal Verizon problems. I'd have to say that the entire region is having problems lately, everything from their big corporate connections down to our residential DSL (and it makes sense, since it all goes through one of their major NOC's in this area).
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

TFC5 location

Postby Crusader » Wed Oct 31, 2001 2:27 am

Ah yes, please please please torch Verizon if they're the ones supplying the connection for TFC5, lol. Again, I had a match to play tonight on OESM13, but neither clan could get a good ping to the server (I was averaging 250-340 looking through GSpy, and it's normally about 100-120 tops.....when it's going good, that is). Are you still looking to get a West coast box soon? With the connection problems for TFC5, maybe you could relocate the server to a West coast provider once you found one (I know it's easier said than done, but just thought I'd toss it out there). =)
Crusader
noobeh
noobeh

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum