Take The Elites off waiting list

Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Sep 07, 2001 6:08 pm

I'm glad you found another provider. There are plenty of clans shopping for servers to go around, so there's never any hard feelings.

But I would like to point out something.

77 bucks for 16 players (not cheaper)
halfd is another 10 bucks (we just include it)
stats are 5 bucks (included with us)
we've setup a free pb server, just no one's asked to use it. That's another 5 bucks with them.
domain hosting 5-10 bucks per month (we offer it free)

I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new server, lately there are several more choices around and I urge anyone in a serious time crunch to shop around.

Fortunately many startups can put out a few boxes and have room for immediate servers at first before a waiting list comes into play. Unfortunately for us (to the customer, at least) our first servers were reserved at least a week or so before our site even went live.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DLinkOZ » Fri Sep 07, 2001 9:37 pm

Good find. Enjoy.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DLinkOZ » Sat Sep 08, 2001 9:53 am

Actually, the seperate hlds install for each server is how we do it, so nothing earth shattering there. Different ports? That's just silly, it's not necessary. Two reasons for setting up virtual IP's on your box so all servers on it can be port 27015. 1. asthetics. You won't have to specify a port since it's default. 2. to hide the fact that there are multiple servers running on a single box. Perfectly legit, it'd be a waste to only run one server per box.

At any rate, enjoy it and glad you got a server.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum