Forum provided for public use.

Moderators: FeLiX, Mr.Magoo

New Patch

Postby Mr.Magoo » Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:35 pm

Comment Here
Mr.Magoo

New Patch

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Wed Jul 11, 2001 11:09 am

What do you think they'll fuck up in this patch? What kind of bug exploits will the majority of the lame asses use? What features that everyone enjoys will valve replace? What new features will piss the players off more?
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

New Patch

Postby DLinkOZ » Wed Jul 11, 2001 1:03 pm

This patch only replaced 3 files, and the rest was stupid DMC crap. But the next one will have all the new optimizations for running smoother that they've been working on. Biggest improvement is supposed to be client rendering.
DLinkOZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Patch

Postby Mr.Magoo » Wed Jul 11, 2001 2:44 pm

there are actually no tfc specific fixes. the only real thing fixed was the remote client buffer over flow crash exploit. othere thna that, it was really jsut some dmc stuff.
Mr.Magoo

New Patch

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Wed Jul 11, 2001 8:53 pm

I have learned, after this being the game with the most patches in recorded history (hell, Wolfenstein 3D only had ONE!), that no matter how smooth they can run it, no matter how slow a machine it will run on, and no matter how many billions of bugs/hacks that valve fixes, they effectivly double the amount of problems they fix, even if they all don't show the first time you play. This is why I stay away from anything but straight Half-Life or Half-Life DM/TDM. Now excuse me while I load *seph's a fag* on a P1/200 with 64mb EDO DRAM which won't run hl worth a shit, but runs *seph's a fag* in 1024x768 aok.
*Hugs Unreal engine and pets the wanna'-be hl engine*
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

New Patch

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Thu Jul 12, 2001 7:28 am

The reason your comp runs *seph's a fag* is cause they new that anyone with a monster machine wouldn't want to play it. *seph's a fag* SUCKS!!! HL is a better game with or without all those patches. hehe....
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

New Patch

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Thu Jul 12, 2001 9:08 pm

The way I see it, Unreal has true dynamic lighting, the most realistic physics system out there (100mb of raw data compiled!), and the most advanced AI around, and it get an average of 100-200fps on a p2/233 with 128mb ram. Half-Life runs at between 20 and 80fps on the same machine, and it doesn't even have dynamic lighting or true physics, but I have to admit, the AI is good, even if not as smart as Unreal's.
*pets Malakai and Liche*
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

New Patch

Postby [OESM]DeckonFrost-AS- » Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:44 am

Well Damn, I guess I was wrong. I was only think in terms of fun, not all that shit you are talking about, but I guess *seph's a fag* is better than HL. Wait a minute...Fun is what makes a game...HL is more fun...*seph's a fag* and unreal are just way too boring.....
[OESM]DeckonFrost-AS-

New Patch

Postby [OESM]Sephiroth » Sat Jul 14, 2001 3:54 pm

OK, don't make me install Windows 3.11 and DOS 6.22 on your machine!
*looks for the little gray disks with satanic symbols on them*

Actually, anybody want a full copy of DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.11 with the instruction books?
[OESM]Sephiroth
I'd rather be posting!
I'd rather be posting!

Return to FO.Net's Public Forum